1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

those "easily deceived" women.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Jan 30, 2010.

1. MovieProducer

MovieProducer New Member

I've always thought Eve was more easily deceived not because she's a woman, but because she hadn't directly heard God's instructions about the tree; she only heard what Adam told her God had said. It was a secondhand report from her husband, and either Satan deceived her into rejecting her husband's admonition, or he misreported it. Yet Adam was "with her" when she was deceived. His sin was that he "hearkened unto the voice" of his wife and ate of the tree instead of following God's command.

Paul writes to Timothy (1 Timothy 2): "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

I'm not sure this establishes a general principle that women are more easily deceived, but it does establish a general principle about something. What might that be?

2. Joseph shall add

So are you saying we are not to marry stupid woman or what?