1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Those wanting the gov't in charge of healthcare...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Mar 5, 2009.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

...here you go: our future.

CBSNEWS source (hardly "right-wing").

Among the scary slipshot travesties in how we've treated our veterans (revealed by an inspection of VA procedures by its Inspector General and CBS):
    • 16,000 pieces of unopened mail at its Detroit office. Another 132 documents which belonged in veterans' claim files ended up in the shred bins at four regional offices.
    • The inspector general reviewed 390 claims submitted to the New York office and found that 220 of them - more than half - had been deliberately misdated to make it look like claims were being processed faster than they really were.
    • Whatever you do, don't ever move. Many vets move, and their records are lost in transit.
    • A ridiculous, antiquated, redundant, red-tape laden system overwhelms workers with paperwork...160 million pages a year - and as a result, some workers cut corners, falsify records, or just plain screw up.
    So, I ask again (and not-so-surprisingly, responses are few and far between)...The government has had a shot at doing healthcare, and they are much worse than private industry. Why would we want them to be in charge of all of it?

Now you know why I fight, and hard, against the People's Republic of AmeriKa healthcare bureacracy.

2. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that I don't want the government in charge of my health.