1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Those who are Christians but who don't believe in the TRINTY

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by RightFromWrong, Aug 19, 2005.

1. SavedbyHISGrace
    Sorry wrong again.

When I got saved I was not given a doctrinal sermon on all the ends and out of how to become a Christian. I was working ( 2 months )in upstate NY working with horses and on my day off I would hitchike ( no bus transportation )to my friends a 1/2 hour away Woodstock. One day a man gave me a ride and for some reason I told him I was depressed so he shared with me how God had changed his life ( ironically he was saved in Ca ) anyway, he was a Pentacostle and from what I remember I never heard any doctrine, all I remember was his testimony and that I wanted the JOY that he had. He asked me to ask God for forgivness of sins and ask him into my heart et.

I honestly believe I was saved because in my HEART and mind I had personally asked God to TAKE OVER CONTROL of my life and to GUIDE me in all things. That is what saved me, my making Jesus LORD of my life not doctrine.

My 13 year old son was saved at 4 years old and I mean truely saved ! He was so changed right from the get go. He cried and was so aware of good and evil, he would tell us things he did wrong when he didn't even have to always confessing. He even got most thoughtful in preschool. And he was saved through the WORDLESS Book, all he knew was he was a sinner and he needed forgiveness. That is the way MOST people get saved. I bet most don't even hear about Christ Lordship till after.

So the one who believes you can lose your salvation due to false doctrine and the one who believes Jesus is the Son of God but NOT fully God because of false doctrine are the same.

Bottom line is either both these people are not saved, or they are both saved just mislead. So which is it? All boils down to false doctrine and misqouting scripture.

2. PS Catholics believe in the Trinity and most of them are not saved, explain that one !

3. SavedbyHISGrace

SavedbyHISGrace New Member

Do you really understand my position here? I am going to say this again. I am NOT talking about pre-conversion. Can you understand this? I am talking about those who claim to be already born agian, and years later still do not accept the Deity of Jesus. I have never said that you have to believe in the Trinity, to be saved. You don't really understand the argument here.

4. SavedbyHISGrace

Of course you believe that since you already believe you can lose your salvation. Fits right in with your belief.

For those who believe in the RIGHT interpetation of scripture you cannot believe that one has to understand all the doctrines of the Trinity. Face it these people are just as confused about what scripture has to say about the Trinity as YOU ARE about what scripture has to say about assurance of salvation.

You both are one in the same. Both have received FALSE TEACHING. There are alot of real Born Again Christians who will be in Heaven that believed some pretty wierd stuff and you probably thought they wouldn't be there. Including ones who didn't go to church anymore .
    who " walked away from the faith "

5. SORRY SavedbyHISGrace

I get you and Straightandnarrow mixed up sometimes. You haven't claimed to believe in losing your salvation like he has. I still stand by my comments that I find no difference between the two beliefs, that someone can be MISLEAD in both doctrines depending on spiritual maturity, intellectual levels, emotional makeup or other reasons one would would be mislead. They can be mislead but saved is all I'm saying.

This guy happened to be raised in a church that taught this even though he trulely gave his heart to Christ. He is just having a hard time breaking away from what he and his family have been taught. He even said since our talk he has been searching more about thi ssubject. So Lord willing his eyes will be opened.

You have to admit more and more " Christian " churches are stearing away from sound doctrine and just tickling peoples ears.

6. buckster75

buckster75 Member

Sorry, I probably should read more of this before I post. it may have been stated already. For the one not believing in diety of Jesus. what do you do with the verses where Jesus Himself makes the claim?