1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thought On Church Growth

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by gb93433, Jan 17, 2005.

1. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I would submit that the good ol DR.B is right IF AND ONLY IF you re-interpret this verse to say that Solomon was speaking of Jesus. Otherwise, This scripture is clearly about the man who goes out and wins souls to Christ.
    Pr 11:30
    ¶ The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
    Of course this verse supports the "soul-winning" concept also;
    Ps 126:5
    They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
    Ps 126:6
    He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

And "Whatsoever a man soweth, THAT shall he also reap"

Particularly when coupled with this;
    Lu 8:11
    Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

So we see that there is Biblical support for the concept, in spite of they who would decry it. Although, to be fair, I would agree that 1-2-3 pray after me gets nobody saved, unless of course God is in it and the person is truly repentant and sincerely calls on Christ. For Christ did say that no man who comes unto Him, He would in no wise cast out. If you say a feller who said a 1-2-3 prayer did NOT get saved right then; then the onus is on you to prove it. I would say that much that passes for "soul-winning" is not: based on the fact Jesus promised our fruit would remain. We who have been there (in the trenches, so to speak) have seen folks get gloriously saved in such a simple manner as this, much to the dismay of the Calvinistic Pharisees.
    [​IMG]

In HIS service;
    Jim