1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thoughts for today

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jordan Kurecki, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been praying today and thinking about how Jesus said we cannot be his disciple unless we we hate our own lives, we are to love Jesus so much that we are to hate our own lives we are to absolutely surrender everything to the Lord Jesus because it is he who has died on the cross for our sins when he has made such a great sacrifice for us and been so good to us how can we dare hold back any part of our life we try to fool ourselves by thinking that if we serve God partly that he's happy with us not knowing that he can't even look on one sin, why do we not go all the way there is no other option we must go all the way to Please the father. There's a song we sing in church all to Jesus I surrender all to him I freely give I will ever love and trust him in his presence daily live God is always with us watching us he sees our hearts he knows our thoughts he knows our motives behind every action we cannot hide from him,without him we can do nothing yet how often so do we try and we wonder why our life is empty,it's because we still haven't got to that place in our hearts where we surrender all to Jesus, Lord Jesus help me to be surrendered completely to you not to live my own way but to live according to your will,Lord I pray that you would have first place in my life God help your dear children help your church to surrender all to you

John 12:24-26 KJV
    [24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. [25] He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. [26] If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It is indeed a very tough thing to do. And I think that all too often we allow ourselves to be tugged back into setting down roots in this world by our flesh, and then something traumatic has to happen to remind us that we are just Sojourners passing through.

I feel like I've been talking about homosexuals a lot today lol. But I was ministering to a young man a couple of weeks ago. And he spoke about how unfair it is for God to give him the feelings he has, but to not expect him to act upon them.

I told him that it would be a tremendous testimony for him to be able to say that he so wanted to give Christ his all, that he was willing to let go of everything...even those things he felt like truly defined him...and fully follow Christ.

How many heterosexuals could say that?

We spoke about the very verses you mentioned and Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple. I used the example above to explain to him what Christ meant with those verses. And there was an immediate "I get it" moment.

It's a very tough thing. And I think the first disciples finally got it. I wonder how many of us are REALLY willing to lose our lives in service of Christ?

Excellent thread!!!

3. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm convinced this is what we need today. I am praying that God will stir revival fires in my personal life, and that it will spread to those around me. Many on this board need revival and I include myself in that.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Zaac - I can highly recommend a blogger by the name of Matt Moore who is a young man who lived as a gay man for a number of years, was saved and is now living for Christ - while still struggling with same sex attraction. The things he has to say about what God has taught him have taught me SO much about where my heart is and what I am allowing to take my affections (not just sexually but spiritually as well). Maybe that young man you were speaking with would benefit from it as well.

http://www.moorematt.org/

God has taught me through the years that everything that I have is just a vapor and can be taken at a moment's notice. At one time, financially we were not doing well at all and God brought me to a place where I was willing to move into a shack - it didn't matter. At another point almost 5 years ago, it looked like we were going to lose my oldest child to a pancreatic tumor and I had to release her to the Lord. Those times really taught me what surrender was with the things here on earth. Sometimes surrendering my heart is harder but God has been so faithful even when things haven't gone well that I fully trust Him with everything. But that was a long process!

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thought for today is this... We need to start treating each other like the Christian brothers and sisters we claim to be... Seeing there are many views to each thread... Who is watching and not joining the brotherhood?... The world is watching how we treat each other and I am sad to say many have failed, myself at times included. This board should be buzzing with Christian men and women exuding the personality of Christ and treating each one as we would also like to be treated. We may not agree on how we see scripture but we need to disagree in a Christian manner and some are lacking in that. I know I need to put the fleshly man away when I am on here and that is one thing among others that I have to guard against and it is a struggle... That seemed to be on my mind today as I'm sure some of you have thought the same thing... Or am I alone?... Brother Glen

6. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are not the only one my dear friend.

We need Jesus Christ in our personal lives. Pray for Revival.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Thanks Ann. I will make sure that I get Matt Moore's information to him as a resource. He just really needs to be encouraged.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    oops wrong thread.

HankD

9. heisrisen

heisrisen Active Member

It's true he expects much of us because much was given to us. He wants ALL of us. And the reason we have a hard time surrendering, is because 1. we let our flesh take over, and 2. it's MUCH easier to be lazy and not do what we're asked. We don't like to put effort into things. But we must count the cost and realize Jesus deserves our all.