1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thoughts of CNN's Townhall meeting with Pastor Warren, Obama and McCain?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Aug 18, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Thoughts of CNN's Townhall meeting with Pastor Warren, Obama and McCain?

I thought McCain did a great job, he answered each questions fast and appropriately while Obama took way too much time to try and stear away from difficult questions like Abortions and Same Sex Marriage. Thoughts???

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When it came to the "salvation ?" I thought Obama expressed himself much better.

Rush Limbaugh said of Obams response "that sounded like the way a 7th grader would answer" or words to that effect.

Well, Rush, you hit the nail on the head. Salvation is so simple, even a 7th grader can understand it and explain it.

I just have one question. When we get to Heaven, will I be able to debate with Obama, on the many issues we disagree?

Salty

3. grace56

grace56 New Member

If Obama was truely saved his answer about when life begins would have been at conception. A true Christian can not support a canidate who would protect a womens right to kill her unborn child!!!!!!!

Grace56

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To each his own, but seems to me that you are really grasping in order to give the big "O" a favorable report!

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. There is very little (if any) of any issues I agree with the big "O"!

posted by Grace 56
    Code:
    If Obama was truly saved his answer 
    about when life begins would have been at conception. 
    A true Christian can not support 
    a candidate who would protect a womens 
    right to kill her unborn child!!!!!!!

In case you are not aware of it, many, many Christians are "pro-Choice"

Here is a web site which explains

Some would say, if you believe in the death penalty, and or war, you cannot be a true Christian!

A true Christian is one who has accepted Christ as their Saviour and been redeemed! A persons belief about abortion, eternal security, baptism, closed communion, tongues, ect, ect, ect, does not make one a "True" Christian.

On the other hand, I would want to share the Scripture with one who "thinks" abortion is "just a medical procedure and therefore acceptable

Salty

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I did not watch the program, but nothing Obama could say would make me vote for him...

7. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Re the comments here on Obama and salvation: Salty, I have posted a thread in the Politics forum with the transcripts of an extensive 2004 interview with Obama about his faith. I didn't see the CNN town meeting, so I don't know if his views have changed, but just one of the things he stated in 2004 is that there are many paths leading to one place, and his path is Christianity.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

I didn't see it either, and I agree with Sue, there is nothing he or anyone could say that would make me vote for Obama.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

Obama believes every religion is a path to God and heaven, he just choses to play a 'christian' game.

10. trustitl

trustitl New Member

Expressing and explaining are Obama's greatest strengths no doubt.

"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. "

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

"If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth"

It is easy to talk a good game. I prefer to watch the game and see people perform.

BTW I am not a McCain fan either. :praying: