1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thoughts to Ponder while on BB

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Salty, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    upload_2021-11-5_8-35-13.png

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every genuine Christian believes Christ by His death paid for their sins and having done this had risen bodily from the dead and now in Heaven as an immortal man intercedes for us all.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A FB "Friend" of mine put this on their FB page:
    "Mama always said...'If you can't say something nice to some one then don't say anything at all'....I'm trying mama...."

Yet just a few days ago - that person told me something not so nice. Oh, well!

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A preacher friend of mine that post a weekly piece called Gleanings In The Gospel said this on a gleaning from Matthew 5:9 called The Blessed Peacemakers

I fear that Jesus sadly knew all too well (He knew it all) how often His beloved children would abandon this peaceful priority of godly, wise faith in favor of a warlike, combative posture toward their own spiritual family. He places this “Blessed” reminder in a list of basic, foundational truths of a godly faith-walk that honors Him above ourselves. Years ago, when talking with one of these combative believers, I posed a simple question. “Do you want to win the brother, or do you want to win the argument?” He looked as if I had slapped him. The simple point of trying to gently win a brother rather than feed personal pride and win an argument had not remotely entered his mind.

Points to ponder!... Brother Glen:)

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In spite of what this individual said- I have been praying for this individual.

6. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not possible to not argue with people who are siding the enemy and are complicit in the Marxist takeover of The United States.

• Agree Agree x 2