1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thouight this would fit in retrospect to the divorce threads

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salamander, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salamander

Salamander New Member

:godisgood:

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I don't get it. :confused:

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't either, since this verse is not an excuse for sin, it is about salvation. On the divorce thread a woman is making excuses for her sins, trying to justify them by blaming others.

4. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

I am the woman and who am I blaming? I know I made mistakes I never said I was perfect I never asked for justification I asked a question I am not blaming anyone for the mistakes I made what I am upset is how unforgiving people are on this board and in other places. I slept with another man --was I married, no I wasnt and I ended up pregnant I am not blaming anyone for that I made that decision and I will live with myself and I will be the best mom I can be to this baby. I am working on my life, I am not dating I have dove into the lives of my kids and taking care of them. I have joined a divorce support group and with God's help one day my heart will be healed from the hurt this marriage caused. As for my husband he walked on his family, everything that God blessed Him with. Me and the kids are the victims. I ask myself every night what the heck did I do to have my marriage fall apart..I stood by my husband and loved him and supported him throughout his military career but in the end he wanted someone else and it wasnt me. I prayed for my marriage for my husband nightly for over a year but in the end it was over now almost 6 months have passed and I am working on accepting it and moving on. So Donna you can think all you want to of me what a horrible person I am -- I am in fact a sinner and the only thing I was asking is why people who go through this have people that close their hearts and dont forgive when the other person is making an honest effort to change their life and your heart is too closed to care or to see it. I have a right to be on these boards and to be viewed with an open mind, thats how I view all of you with an open mind knowing that you and others are very close-minded. Salimander thanks for the verses I appreciate it and I am using them in my evening bible study tonight after the boys go to bed.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

your ex husband who was your husband at the time.

your divorce was not final yet, yes you were married, and committed adultry.

you have sought to justify your mistakes over and over, looking for a pat on the back and an it's ok what you did. You aren't going t get it from genuine serious christians.

placing blame for your actions.

you and the kids were the victims, then you had an affrair before your divorce was finalized, making just your kids the victims.

If a person were making an honest effort they would not be placing blame on others, and looking to justify sin, or a pat on the back and people saying sin is ok. Which is what you have complained about several times on this board, that people won't coddle you and your adultry.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

AAAAAAAaAaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Grace and peace be unto you.

7. superwoman8977

I echo that sentiment, some people need to get over themselves!

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

yes you do, it ain't about you, but Jesus.

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

That is a really edifying statement. (sarcasm intended.)

10. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Ok, since I am a man, I havent brought this up until now because i didnt want to sound biased towards women, or to sound like I am justifying your husband leaving you....but....now I must ask this question

Do you think that its just a little bit possible that your "superwoman" attitude, might have discouraged him? [offensive language edited]

Is it possible that, even a little bit, that YOU might have something to do with the divorce?

AJ

#10 ajg1959, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2008
  11. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

Aj, good call.

She just on the other thread mentioned how submission was 'not for her', and now blames Mr. Idiot for leaving her?? :confused:

12. superwoman8977

I didnt have my superwoman attitude till we were already broken up. And then after doing this twice I decided enough is enough, I am not going to sit by and be the woman with her hands in her laps nodding her head at every stupid thing her husband put her through. When we were married I was the dutiful wife. I worked 40 hrs a week, came home, ran the house, paid the bills, did basically everything because he wouldnt, all because he asked. I ask myself 200 times a day why he is with her. [offensive language deleted]

#12 superwoman8977, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2008
  13. donnA

donnA Active Member

Using crude street terms for female body parts is quite nasty.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

who could wonder why

15. superwoman8977

Whatever. Thats why he picked her he will tell you himself.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't care , what I do care about is crude street language for body parts being used on this christian board. this is foul language. Your flippant attitude "whatever" means you don't mind using foul laungage.

17. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I use fowl language. ie... I like to eat duck. There are geese up there. Someone shut that crow up! See. So I can't use that type of language here?!?

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

maybe...just maybe...since this thread has deteriorated into insults, name-calling, and hurt feelings...it would be worth it for all of us to let it die a natural death??

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

Did you(here), or do you, use street slang for female body parts? Because this is foul and disrespectful of women. Not to mention, street slang for personal body parts is considered cussing. So now we're going to allow cussing on the BB?

20. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Yo, Dawg............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.