1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

...three days and three nights...and the resurrection

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by john6:63, Apr 8, 2004.

1. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

I’m looking for some opinions concerning the Matthew 12:38-40 scripture, where Jesus refers to Jonah being in the whale’s belly three days and three nights, that He’d be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

If a skeptic were to question you about this prophecy, that Jesus was crucified on Friday and resurrected on Sunday, not being three days and three nights, how would you answer the skeptic’s question?

I’ve found a number of solutions on the net; some really go into detail about the Greek meanings and what not, but not sure which one to believe.

Thanks…

2. john6:63

Aww shucks, I should’ve done a search first before I started a new topic. I found a few threads that have discussed this issue.

Moderators feel free to delete this thread if you like. But I'd like to keep it open. I'm not looking for a debate (as what the other threads turn into and the original question gets lost), just a few reasonable opinions.

[ April 08, 2004, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: john6:63 ]

3. john6:63

This is an opinion I’ve found on the net. The author suggested that the time began once Jesus was betrayed, which was on a Tuesday night when Judas first went to the chief priests and received the thirty pieces of silver.

Source

Does this sound legit?

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

There's quite a thread on this somewhere else. You might look on other forums and see if you can find it. Seems to me it was still quite active last week.

Diane