1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Time to Go

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please feel free to show us where I've provoked any of his personal attacks and insults.

All you have to do is go to my profile and click on "find all posts by this user".

Go ahead. I'll wait.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you are blameless. Humble, too.

Awesome.

3. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still waiting. You found those examples yet?

#23 JohnDeereFan, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
  4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you catch yourself doing this as you post, time for a break... :)

[​IMG]

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Petty. Grow up. Now you see why so many walk away from the BB.

6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps one of the sadder parts of being a regular reader of the BB is seeing something like the OP from time to time.

It isn't the first, and won't be the last.

What does bother me is that if folks on the BB become aware that a brother has been roughed up, there are those who will just keep on hammering that person.

Perhaps, my own eye problem in this matter is greater than all others, but my heart literally grieves when edification is sidetracked by attitude.

It isn't a matter of doctrine or what a certain view may have over another, but the personal swipes and inability to not post without characterizing the other(s) in some demeaning way.

Does not just natural courtesy present that if a thread bearer asks a poster not to respond to their threads that poster would be gracious enough not to post on those threads?

Does not just natural courtesy present that posters are to display some manner of decorum and servant like attitude as would become any loving brother and sister - especially when they see one struggling?

SN perhaps needs to step back from the board for a bit of sabbatical time - let the Holy Spirit work through the issues in his and our lives that we are all better for the experience(s).

SN, whether you go or stay needs to come down to the impulse of the Holy Spirit expressing to you that you have further ministry opportunities on the BB or that same Spirit impressing you to gently close that door.

Do nothing in haste, wait on the Lord's leading and guidance, stay off the board until you are strengthened in both spirit and heart. Then in fulness of His wisdom, make your decision.

Blessings.

7. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. It's pathetic when the one who does all the attacking claims to be the victim.

It isn't the first, and won't be the last.

You realize that he hasn't been "roughed up", right? To the contrary, he's usually the instigator.

Why? Isn't it a public forum?

How on Earth is this guy "struggling"? What, is he struggling to think of new insults that he hasn't already used a thousand times?

The guy has been nothing but an instigator and a troll. Just let him go if he wants to go.

8. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Wise words. Love you brother, stay in touch.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I appreciate all of the posts, and yes, I am going to stay with the help of one of the moderators/administrators. Thanks for the encouragement from you all. The two individuals, and you know exactly who you are, will be on permanent ignore. I have asked before, but both of you, stay away from me. The only difference is that now it will be enforced.

Again, thank you everyone.

10. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So then, who do you plan to insult and attack?

11. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the BB, it seems rare when one actually knows what ash heaps some of the BB posters are facing that color their posts.

Even rarer are the times when one steps back from a hurtful post and tries to discern what would make that response both hurtful and directed at them.

There is no place on the BB for personal insults to be the normal discussion method of a poster. That is even part of the rules to live by that grace some forums.

Do we all violate that standard? occasionally.

Obviously, authorities of the BB cut each participant a great deal of slack, and when posts begin to need "snipped" it is time to back away and let the dust settle.

At the same time, when a BB poster sees their post is personally offensive, good manners would oblige restating the opposing view in less caustic terms.

In the "heat of battle," the give and take may surely step on toes more than but heads. It does seem to take a certain level of maturity to not step on toes when in close combat; I have terrible big feet. :)

12. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [message snipped - private messages are PRIVATE and may not, in any way, be posted on open forums]

#32 JohnDeereFan, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
  13. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is an ongoing pattern and has been happening for some time. So I don't think you can blame it on an incident.

The only plausible excuse I can think of is that he has some sort of mental illness and goes off his meds occasionally. If that's the case, then he should say so and I would be happy to cut him some slack and try to understand his outbursts.

14. thisnumbersdisconnected

Uh ... this post would be a prime example. No one is fault-free, JDF.

15. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An example of what? Are you suggesting that my asking another poster for evidence to back up his claim is what provoked Saturn Neptune into an ongoing series of insults and personal attacks?

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please go away.

17. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't. If I go away, I might miss all those examples you're going to show to back up your accusation that I provoked him.

Yep. I'll bet those examples are just going to start flowing like water any minute now. Any minute...

Or you could just put me on ignore like Saturn Neptune says he did, right before he sent me an insulting PM. (Actually, that should be "another insulting PM", as he's done this before. )

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not going to be bothered to look up anything for you. And BTW, now you're provoking me.

19. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...be aware of the snarl....

20. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good. Then we're agreed that your accusation was nonsense.

And yet, you still haven't put me on ignore.

Out of curiosity, were you provoking me when you made your accusation, which you now refuse to back up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.