1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Time to visit my family

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by evangelist6589, Dec 7, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi there all. If you have time could you say a prayer for me. I wanted to go see my family for Christmas, but know the job is saying they are probably not going to approve the time. They are very rigid on their rules and do not appear to have compassion or to make exceptions. I never got an employee handbook when I started, as since I do have attendance points available I thought I got take the UNPAID time off, but they work differently at this company than my last one, and their policy states one can't use attendance pts as UNPAID time off. God can change their mind, or perhaps He is using this as a way to wake me up to move closer to home. If you can I appreciate it. Thank you. Hope you are doing well.

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know it can be tough (more so for some, less for others); but if there's any cold comfort, it's that you're not the only ony one in your type of situation.

I'd encourage you to not to try playing the system, especially given the states of the economy and your finances. There is your reputation with your employer as well as your testimony with others also to consider.

Hang in there.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You are in my prayers regarding this issue.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying:praying that the Lord will guide you to obey His will for your life.
    It sure would be great for you to be with your family during the Christmas time, and God knows what is best!
    It is good thinking on your part to ask for prayer as you seek God for His answer!