1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TIMELESS

Discussion in 'TV Shows and Movies' started by Shadowlands, Apr 26, 2017.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have a low bar for entertainment. Here's the exact quote from John Hancock:
    "Well, I'm gonna amble down to the creek, take a sip of the cool water, contract a parasite, and diarrhea my brains out."

So, "diarrhea my brains out" is not crass and vulgar. M-Kay...

Oh and I had forgotten about the gay British soldier who professed his love for Jeremy after he was shot. I also remember a scene where one of the characters places his hand on Paul Revere's daughters breast.

But, not objectionable you say.

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the joke was that they weren't gay, but that everybody around them assumed they were gay.

And, as somebody who has had dysentery before, I don't find it crass or vulgar. Just an illness.

So, of the examples you've given us, two were a medical illness, one was an out of context quote, one was a joke about somebody not knowing what a chamber pot was, one scene where a man puts his hand on a young woman's breasts, which was both unsolicited and unwanted, and your own assumption about two men being gay because they liked the same kind of tea.

And those are just the first two episodes. I'm afraid to ask what you must have thought when you saw Deborah in the ice cream parlor or when the characters helped Al Capone reconcile with his wife.

I get that you don't like the show and that's fine. [staff edit] Frankly, I only took you off ignore because I was confused about another poster's comment and wanted to see what he was referring to. After this post, back to the trash dump of my ignore list where you belong, you go.

But if you feel you have to get this upset about a TV show, then it might be time to go see a doctor.

#22 JohnDeereFan, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
  3. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nor is a black guy stating how bad history has been for him annoying when traveling back to different eras. It is historically accurate. To each their own though!

4. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you're welcome to that opinion. For the rest of us, yeah, we already understand that black people have been treated badly by the Democrats and are tired of being preached at about it.

5. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So one or two references in a few episodes is being beaten over the head with it? Reading comprehension is a ok over here but thanks for throwing that jab in there bud! I was simply pointing out that you have your issues and he has his. I think you are making a huge deal about a few small lines that are historically accurate in a fantastic tv show. Yours to do though!

6. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you like it, fine. We didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm upset? You're the one that's upset. You insult me and put me on Ignore because you don't like my criticism of a juvenile comedy.

#27 InTheLight, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
  8. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I had you on ignore long before this because of your consistently obnoxious behavior. Like I said, I only took you off ignore in this thread because I didn't understand a comment by another poster and want to see what they were responding to so I would understand the context.

9. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lets please keep this to the topic at hand and not make personal jabs at members.

10. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about Time After Time. I enjoyed it but ABC cancelled it after 5 episodes. :(

And I did the same as Brent. I googled a lot of the people and events to see if they were real. For the most part they were pretty accurate. I learned some extra tidbits of history by watching. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One thing is certain: the Lord will never grant man the knowledge
    or ability to travel anywhere in time. The past is settled, and the
    future hasn't happened yet. God is always in control of time.

12. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, but it is interesting to think about being able to go back and see historical events.

13. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  14. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Glad to hear it.