1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tithe Question???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jan 9, 2007.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Does the new testament mention tithing? I know in Malachi 3 it talks about the importance of it. I was just wondering since we are talking alot about old testament and new testament since it mentions it in the old does it mean that since we are now living in the new that we dont have to pay tithes that its voluntarily. Just wondering.... Thanks

Also... why do many Churches ask for you to put your name, phone # & Adress ext when you Tithe. Do they keep track of who Tithes and who doesnt.? Why?

#1 TaliOrlando, Jan 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007
  2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most churches keep giving records for tax purposes. As the pastor of my church, I can honestly say that I don't know who gives what (and don't want to know), but I believe I can tell who tithes by how they serve God in other ways.

3. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Thanks for the info!! Pastor!!!

4. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

The New Testament doesn't talk about Tithing in the sense of the OT tithe of 10%, but it does in several places talk about sharing both money and material items to help both the spread of the Gospel and those who are without.

In our congregation we give all our members a set of envelopes with a number on the outside so they don't even have to put their names on them. The financial secretary knows which name goes with which number and keeps a record for tax purposes. They also keep track of how people are doing in meeting their pledges.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

St Paul instructed taking an offering on the first day of the week.