1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Titus 2:13

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Christopher, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Christopher

Christopher New Member

(Titus 2:13)

(13) Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

There are many things about the Trinity that are hard for me to accept. For example, the Bible constantly states that beside the LORD (Jehovah) there is no other savior. How could Jesus be the savior if He is a totally separate and distinct person from Jehovah, tha Father? We praise and worship Jesus in church like those in heaven in the book of Revelation. Is the Father sitting passively by while everyone worships Jesus after He said I will not share my glory with another?

John 10 says that believers are in Christ's hand, but yet in the Father's hand. Are there believers in both of their hands?

The Bible says that both Jesus and Jehovah are coming back. Are there going to be 2 separate Second Comings?

(Zech. 14:5)

(5) And ye shall flee [to] the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, [and] all the saints with thee.

(1 Thess. 3:13)

(13) To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Many mysterious things in the Bible, eh?

In Christ, Christopher

2. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Christopher:

Isaiah 9:6 (ESV)
    For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given;
    and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
    and his name shall be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 14:9 (ESV)
    Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 10:30 (ESV)
    I and the Father are one."

1 Tim. 3:16 (ESV)
    Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness:
    He was manifested in the flesh,
    vindicated by the Spirit,
    seen by angels,
    proclaimed among the nations,
    believed on in the world,
    taken up in glory.

;)

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There have been greater than us that have struggled with this question and John Gill was one of them. If you have never read John Gills Body Of Divinity prepare yourself for some deep intense reading. If you have a mind to here is the website... Brother Glen [​IMG]http://members.aol.com/robbeeee/Gill-toc.html

[ March 13, 2002, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: tyndale1946 ]