1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To pray for the Lord to send forth labourers?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by mr. messy, Mar 2, 2005.

1. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

Do you pray on a regular basis for God for Matthew 9:37-38 and Luke 10:2? I have not been doing this. Matthew 9:36-38 KJVA
    (36) "But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
    (37) Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
    (38) Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest."
    Luke 10:1-2 KJVA
    (1) "After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
    (2) Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest."

2. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

Additional info. Would praying the Lord's prayer help in a general way?
    Matthew 6:9-10 KJVA
    (9) "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
    (10) Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."
    Thanks, Mr. Messy.

3. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

Are we in line with God, if we do not pray for the lost in our nation, whichever it is, and if we do not pray for God to send forth laborers into His harvest fields--whether we are praying for ourselves as "nationals or natives" or whether we are praying for third world people to be preachers or whether we are praying for God the Father to send "missionaries" to your homeland, your city or county or state or province, to your people group? I am just talking or speaking out loud. Or whether God would raise up workers in our local church for AWANA leader or whatever name of the club or group that you want? Thanks, Mr. Messy. (I'm standing in the need of prayer, myself.)

4. EPH 1:4

EPH 1:4 New Member

These are some of the most "Misused" verses in the bible. The Harvest is not "lost sinners or the unregenerate" but the harvest is the lost SHEEP or Gods children in need of a pastor or sheperd. Steve