1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured To RCC member/Why Would RCC be Correct and the Mormons Wrong?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DaChaser1, Feb 18, 2012.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What bothers me most is when people in a church state that they believe the Bible, but _____________. One either follows scripture or he follows his own way.

2. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

yes, for if we were to just follow scriptures, would have been no RCC!

or at least would have been part of the REFORMATION!

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Even Jesus' disciples did not always follow Him. Translate that to today. Do you know of any denomination or groups of people that claims to believe the Bible and does it all the time? I cannot think of any. Any denomination that has a democratic vote is out. God never instituted a democracy in scripture.

Any time man is involved there is potential corruption and selfishness. Even from the beginning man wanted to control the woman and the woman wanted to control the man.

So how can we have a perfect church when none exist?

4. billwald

billwald New Member

I believe 100% of the Bible until you ask me what it means. I wish I could be a Catholic. Then I could believe and leave the theology to the priest.

5. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

There is ONE perfect church, and that would be the ONE washed and cleansed by the blood of the Lamb!

the Church as defined in the Bible is the One NOT RCC/baptist/methodist etc but are those saved and placed into the spiritual Body of Christ!

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you would only read the proper books and listen to the right preachers then you could have an easily gotten theology that you could call the new theology a "repeat after me" theology. You know every other person believes it so it must be right.

I can remember when I was in seminary when I could listen to WA Criswell on my way to church and hear the same sermon next Sunday at my own church. So I always got the same sermon twice.

7. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What you are failing to understand is that there are no perfect Christians but there are Bibical essentials in order for a person to be recognized as a Christian.

Likewise, there are no perfect congregations but there are Biblical essentials for a congregation to be recognized as a New Testament congregation of Christ.

So your "perfect" argument is merely a straw man argument.

Roman Catholicism and many other isms do no have the Biblical essentials to be recognized as true New Testament congregations.

Biblical essentials are treated in the scriptures as absolutes without any acceptable alternatives.

For example, "if any man preach any other gospel let him be accursed" defines a Biblical essential that allows no other acceptable alternatives.

For example, "repent or perish" defines a Biblical essential that allows no other acceptable alternative.

For example, the "must" demands of scripture define absolute essentials, such as "ye MUST be born again..." etc.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree 100%. You added to my point well. I might add that anyone or any church is not a doer of the word they are deluded. We must teach the entire Bible and not our favorite parts or what we hear others say and convince us of.

Mt. 5:19, "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

So much baloney has been passed around in recent years about what discipleship is and even the names have been changed from a Bible study to discipleship groups. I am unable to find any of that nonsense in what Jesus taught and how He led His disciples. I am unable to find anything like that in Judaism either. I am unable to find that anywhere except in the American Educational system lecture style. Nobody is trained to do a job that way. So why do so many churches believe such nonsense?

If anyone does a simple word study and also takes a look at where the word disciple is used there is nothing like what we see in lecture style classes or the typical Bible study that teaches intellectual knowledge only.

#28 gb93433, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You obviously missed my point entirely! There is no Christian or church that obeys ALL THE SCRIPTURES. True a Christian and Church should ATTEMPT to teach and practice all the scriptures but only Christ was able to do it.

True Christians and true congregations of Christ are not identified by their PERFECT obedience and knowlege of Scriptures but by their identification with the essential doctrines of scripture. One essential is their view of the scriptures as God's Word and final authority for faith and practice and attempt to both teach and obey it. Rejection of this essential undermines and leads to the complete denial of all other teachings of scripture.

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is my point too. I think you misread or misinterpreted what I wrote or I did not communicate clearly.

My point is that there are no perfect churches because there are no perfect people. However that does not prevent me from studying scripture and being open to learning new things and/or being corrected.

Do I agree with the doctrinal statements of many other denominations? No. Simply because if you call Jesus by something other than what he is then you are serving a false Jesus. If one mislead sanother to believe something that is not taught then they are misleading people.

I know there are statements made in scripture that are very clear and yet man chooses to ignore them and mislead people. For example when one changes the name from Bible Study to Discipleship group and it is nothing more than teaching intellectual knowledge is it not misleading people to believe something that is not true? I believe it is. That is teaching incorrect doctrine.

I believe correct doctrine is a statement of beliefs that is taught in scripture and is lived out according to scripture. If a church says it does discipleship and does not follow Jesus in what it does then their doctrine is misleading.

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Ok! Must have misunderstood you!:thumbs: