1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To rebut rumors, Palin says daughter, 17, pregnant

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope that things work out well for them.

To rebut rumors, Palin says daughter, 17, pregnant
    By Steve Holland 40 minutes ago

The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said on Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.

Bristol Palin, one of Alaska Gov. Palin's five children with her husband, Todd, is about five months pregnant and is going to keep the child and marry the father, the Palins said in a statement released by the campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

- http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080901/pl_nm/usa_politics_palin_dc

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am glad to see the family pull together for one of the greatest challenges that parents have to face.

3. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

When I saw this on Fox News this morning I wondered how long it would take to make it here to the BB.

It is a sad situation anytime a teenager gets pregnant, but at least the Palins are setting a good example by taking on the challenge and doing the right thing regardless.

BTW, they announced that McCain knew about this situation before he picked Palin for the VP spot.

They need prayer, not condemnation, and I hope that the dems will respect the privacy of the family and not turn this into a circus.

AJ

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And Your Point Is??????

I guess I'd like to know what this has to do with the Governor's credentials to be the VP? Is this not an internal family matter? Ken, your reporting it seems "out-of-character" when I look at your excellent work in reporting the news. I know you don't want your great work to sink to the level of some cheap tabloid magazine?

Let this young lady and her family alone to work out this problem in the privacy of their home. I'm sure there are a lot of unknown pressures within this families internal dynamics. Her mom is Governor, they just had a baby born with a disability, and now her mom is the Repub Veep nominee. There must be a vortex of emotional baggage being tossed around within this family, and it is almost always this kind of pressure that leads some family members down the road of poor decisions.

Today's society has created a great number of Christian families facing this very same dilemma. There are probably a ton of reasons that cause young girls to get pregnant, and while it reflects the sin of poor judgment and worse yet, "fornication", it is a sin that God has the ability to forgive, just as He forgives those who pass along this kind of gossip like a bunch of nosy church ladies over their Monday morning coffee club.

Thanks for joining all Christian parents who are praying for the family to come together and weather this tumultuous storm. .:praying:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:
    Remove the Haze Ministries

#4 righteousdude2, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wondered how long it would take for someone to make this story political.

I hope that everyone will respect their privacy and not turn this into a circus.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Nothing.

2) There are no private, internal family matters when one runs for president or vice president nor when one occupies either of those offices.

BTW, to jump on me for posting a news story that even RNC TV, aka Fox News, is reporting is uncalled for.

7. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Excuse me?

You are the one that posted this thread in the "Politics" section of the forum.

Why not the "Prayer Requests" forum?

Looks to me like YOU made this political.

AJ

8. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Judging by the OP, you made it political at 12:45 when you posted it in the "Politics" forum.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sarah Palin is running for the second highest office in the United States. Haven't you heard?

Some of you conservatives are incorrigible.

#9 KenH, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yea....I did not see you place it in any context outside of the report. I can also say that I can sympathize as assumptions are often made of me when I post news stories similar to what happened here.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In case you haven't heard, Sarah Palin is running for the second highest office in the United States.

12. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Yes, we have heard. But how is this relevant to Sarah Palin running for VP? And why did you make it political, and then turn around and try to shift it to someone else by saying "I was wondering how long it would take for someone to make this story political"?

How so? And how is that relevant to this discussion about a pregnant 17 year old?

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I already said, it isn't.

14. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

But you are the one that criticized me saying that I am the one that made it political?????????? Yet you posted this in the politics forum and now you say that it is political?

You have me confused.

If you posted it in the political forum and you say "Sarah Palin is running for the second highest office in the United States", arent you contradicting yourself?

but you blame me for making it political?

AJ

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are the one that mentioned members of a political party, not me.

I simply wished the family well.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know anything about KenH that would lead me to believe he was intent on posting this as a negative against Gov Palin. It is a legitimate political story due to the recent accusations from the left with regards to her child and her daughter. We need to ask for clarification before we apply assumptions about others intents.

17. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Having the same idea. This isn't a reason to discount the VP nominee or a reason to trash the family. My prayers go out to all involved.

18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I guess Palin's "family values" didn't make it all the way down to her daughter. Kind of like Reagan and his trickle down economics; they never seemed to make it very far either.

19. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

My concern that the dems dont turn this into a circus is a legitimate one.

AJ

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is taking it to far. But I do not expect any more from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.