1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To the blasted flag-wavers at my church...

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Matt Black, May 26, 2005.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have only seen flag waving and expressive dance in large conferences here in Ontario involving many different churches. They may have been limeys. ;)

2. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

3. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

I've attended churches where there was no clapping, people sat with their hands folded in their laps. Others clapped, I think it's a matter of personal preferrence.

I haved clapped and will clap, it dosen't matter to me if someone claps or dosen't.

I'm a member of a Southern Baptist Church, raising of hands during praise and worship is common. Also during the Pastors sermon one will hear an amen or two.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh, and on the distraction front, another thing: why is it always invariably 'performed' by either young, fit (in every sense of the word) women in tight-fitting leotards with bulges in all the right places who operate as a temptation to sin for me, or by overweight middle-aged women with bulges in all the wrong places who seem intent on miming 'pass the hamster' when they haven't got one of those infernal flags in their hands? Amd why do they have to wave them in front of the OHP so you can't see the words?

Yours in Christ

Matt