1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To the mountains?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, May 23, 2010.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Do you like going to the mountains?

If so, where?

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love mountains and try to get to the Skyline Drive to do some hiking once or twice every year.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

When I was younger (MUCH younger!) we lived in SE PA. I always enjoyed traveling to the Pocono Mts.

Now that I'm living in TN (been here since 1972), the Smoky Mts are fine for me--once you get away from the overly commericialized Gatlinburg area.

4. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I love the mountains! I love taking day trips to see the leaves and buy apples in the fall. Ellijay, GA is close enough for us to go up and back in a day. http://www.downtownellijay.org/local.html

My family from eight generations back are all from the North Georgia and East Tennessee areas, so the mountains are in my blood. :)

5. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I live right on the border of the Adirondack Park with its rolling hills and majestic Mount Marcy in the High Peaks area- but I never go there. I go south into the fringe hills of the Catskills to a beloved place call Camp.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Five minutes from my front door you run into the "end" of the Front Range. That's why the Oregon Trail ran past my front door - it was the easy way AROUND the Rockies!! 50 miles north the Big Horns begin and mountains continue up into Montana, Alberta etc

[​IMG]
    Did a wedding here a while back - live down in the plain (green spot)

[​IMG]
    Looking along the Platte and downtown up to the mountain directly to our south

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

This is my first time living outside a mountain/valley area, and it drive me bonkers.

First the Appalachians, then the Siskayou, then McKinley...those were the main ones.

I absolutely detest looking out onto nothing! Just pavement and telephone wires. Why anyone purposely chooses to live their entire lives in a flat, tornado plagued, crime-ridden city is beyond my comprehension. Give me my mountains!

Of all of them, I like the Siskayous best.

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Cool Pics Dr. Bob.

9. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Mount Magazine, Arkansas

and

Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa :)

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I much prefer the mountains to the beach. The Rockies are my favorite, but the mountains of Eastern Kentucky are also beautiful. Has anyone ever been to the top of Mt. Washington in NH?