1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To Whom Will "U" Bow?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 22, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (I realize there is an OP on this topic. I just wanted to post an OPed on the subject. Of course your opinions are welcome!)

What a shame that Tebow was pressured to cancel his appearance at the First Baptist of Dallas. Apparently, his handlers did not want their boy to be seen associating with a church that is preaching a Gospel of love from a Biblical World View. Instead, once the word got out that Tebow was speaking at FBC of Dallas, the liberals pressured him into bowing to their world biblical view of the Gospel message.

It sure seems that more and more, celebrities will be making choices on where to attend and appear [regarding their witness for Jesus] based upon the liberal ~vs~ the fundamental views of the Bible. In this instance, the liberal, world view won out.

SEE: http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=39739

True, born-again believers will be faced with one choice or the other in the future; and the choice will be one that separates the wheat from the tares. Unfortunately, at this time in his life, he [Tebow] decided to not be counted among the wheat. (Matthew 13:30-NKJV, "Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."" )

We are told that in the last days, we will have to make a choice for whom we stand. If fame, money, lust, celebrity, popularity, personal influence, and social/peer pressure are the roots of your heart, you will be unable to make that stand for Jesus when the opportunity is afforded you!

Like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego [Daniel 3], everyone will have the chance [or chances in their lifetime] to either bow before Jehovah God, or the idols of their heart and world.

What will be the motivating factor behind your choice, when that day comes? Will you find yourself "Te-bowing" before the things of the world? Or, the God of the Bible? Now is when you need to start building the kind of character into your faith that will be the inner source of strength behind your choice(s) in life.

I pray you are growing in the Biblical world view of the Gospel in order to give you the truth needed to guide your decision when that day does arrive?

Scriptures for thought:

Philippians 2:10-ESV, "So that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,"

Romans 14:11-ESV, "For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."

All the disciples faced a painful death for standing in solidarity with Jesus. Each was sentenced to one form of punishment, or another for following Him. Will you be willing to die a martyr's death for your faith, if that is the choice given? Or will you denounce your love for Jehvoah God and bow before the world? The choice is yours.

When I say to die, I am not meaning it in a literal way; but rather I'm eluding to death [for your witness] in a figurative way, meaning that your faith and witness may cost you your family, friend's popularity, wealth, etc., Jesus told us that following Him would not be the popular thing to do.

In fact He said, when I say to die, I am not meaning it in a literal way; but rather I'm eluding to death [for your witness] in a figurative way, meaning that your faith and witness may cost you your family, friend's popularity, wealth, etc., Jesus told us that following Him would not be the popular thing to do.

In fact Jesus said, (Luke 12:49-59-MSG) "I've come to start a fire on this earth?how I wish it were blazing right now! I've come to change everything, turn everything rightside up?how I long for it to be finished! Do you think I came to smooth things over and make everything nice? Not so. I've come to disrupt and confront! From now on, when you find five in a house, it will be?Three against two, and two against three; Father against son, and son against father; Mother against daughter, and daughter against mother; Mother-in-law against bride, and bride against mother-in-law."

Following Him means taking up the cross no matter the cost! It means to die to sellf, and follow Him! That means "sacrifice!"

"....but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15