1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Today I burned a NWT

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by stilllearning, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

From Faith Alone

#21 Salty, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said:

"Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest."

Seeing as there are people out there made ready by God to hear and receive the gospel maybe your time would be better spent reaching out to them rather than acting like Westboro Baptist Church.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Expect Zaac to jump on this one. :laugh:

4. T Alan

T Alan New Member

sorry to but in here, "but" as the conversation has stalled for a moment, let me say to "Salty"

I enjoyed the read. It does confirm Mac as saying I am a "leaky dispensationalist" as I originally commented. I have listened to many hours of Mac's teaching and surely, as with every man who interprets Scripture, I don't give him a free pass on totality, I find he is 100:1 more in line with the dispy camp than Amil or Covenant.

5. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Don’t join the book burners. Do not think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed." (Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th President of the United States)

That one less NWT bible is in the world is of no matter. Your time would be much more well-spent speaking truth to those who are blinded by these false translations. One less adherent to false religions blinded by such false translations???...now that matters greatly.

The Archangel

6. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Consider this; Use your grill to "burn" some beef flesh and place it between two slices of bread with perhaps a little mayo, onion, ketchup, mustard and a slice or pickle (or any combination thereof) and provide some Sweet Tea on the side of the road (or adjacent parking lot, whichever is safer)in front of one of your local "Kingdom Hall" and place a large sign that reads' "Free burger with drink and the True gospel of Jesus 100% Jehovah, 100% Man"

If you live close enough I'll help fund it and also be willing to help share the Truth with all takers. (I'm in the Center of the Sunshine State).:thumbs: (completely serious)

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What he does is of no consequence or consideration.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Link Salty. MacArthur has some interesting things to say about dispensationalism;

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps the truth is more that while the reformed got it right concerning Sotierology proper, our bethren failed to rightly divide the Bible as regarding eschatology and church/Israel though?

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just confirms that there is no one "true view" among Dispy christians though, just as there is no real "one view" in reformed circles, as they have also new Covenant theologies/Classical reformed/new calvinists etc!

11. OldRegular

Absolutely not; you splintered the Bible and ruptured the evangelical churches!

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How so? When does the true teaching of what the Bible teaches do that?

13. OldRegular

True teaching of the Bible does not. Inventing a pre-trib-removal of the church and a "parenthesis" church out of whole cloth is not true teaching of the Bible.