1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Today the First Amendment LOST!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Mar 11, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When a group of militant anarchists and riff-raff can shut down another persons right to hold a public meeting and political rally, free speech truly loses. Even though the crowds outside the sceduled Trump rally shouted "We won!" The only winner was the fear of inciting riots and causing harm to others, in an effort to not permit the opposition to gather and peacefully hold their meeting. It is a shame what has happened in America. A real shame.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-rally-chicago_us_56e366ece4b0b25c9182176f

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is sad.

1.) Trump has repeatedly encouraged thuggish behavior by his supporters against anyone who opposes him, so the culprits are likely not just the protestors.
    2.) Trump is not terribly interested in upholding the First Amendment (except possibly for himself alone) based on his comments regarding freedom of the press and his rejection of religious liberty for Muslims.

Support for Trump is essentially advocating the gutting of the First Amendment.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Thank you. The original post is laughable. Trump has done nothing but incite people to deprive others of their First Amendment rights.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! You have such insight. I look forward to your comments. You piggy back well off others.Geek

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm proud of you. Your allegiance to Trump and his overt racism and racial prejudice has allowed you to take a break from you racial prejudices against Obama and other black and brown people.

Now instead of spewing the vitriol of the Fox News crew, you spew the vitriol of their little Frankenstein.

It's so precious to see you branching out like this.Cool

• Like Like x 1
  6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just think, if he wins, you will understand how most Americans feel about you kindred spirit, Obeyme. You are so funny.

7. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should Trump get nominated, I hope the persons who support Trump will come to their senses and reject the spirit of the age before the general election.

If he gets elected, I predict:

1.) He will be completely ineffective as a leader who works with others to find common consensus. He seems to have no experience in this area. His leadership style is characterized by raw economic power, fascist rhetoric, and bullying tactics.
    2.) Since he will be ineffective in Congress, he will attempt to lead through Executive Orders. Since he has such a low view of the Bill of Rights (if he understands it at all), the government leadership will be thrown into crisis to decide whether or not to obey the Executive Orders, since they will likely be unlawful.
    3.) Whether or not the Orders are obeyed, they will likely get appealed through the court system quite quickly and end up before the Supreme Court, where they will likely get struck down.
    4.) Congress - with broad support from both Republicans and Democrats - will look for opportunities to draw up articles of impeachment which will likely be supported by the people once they see Trump's incompetence and tyrannical leadership in action.
    5.) Trump will be impeached, removed from office in a national embarrassment that will weaken the government and our prestige worldwide, and will be an enormous distraction from the real issues of human welfare, counter-terrorism, etc.
    6.) Trump's running mate will inherit the office and have little to no credibility and the United States will be weaker, the Republican Party complete disgraced, and the Democratic Party in eventual leadership without an effective political counter-balance.

An alternative to this scenario will be if there is a major terrorist threat/action, Trump will seize Emergency Powers and things will be much worse.

A vote for Trump is a vote against the Bill of Rights and a rejection of the best parts of the American heritage.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you been concern when Trump's people have violated other people's first amendment rights.? I think not. Have you protested his harsh, uncivil words? I think not.

What goes around comes around. There should be no surprise that others use tactics that Trump and his followers use. Trump introduced pure in-civility into the campaign. Trump introduced racism into the race. Trump introduced hatred of women and their rights into the campaign. And then you and others have laughed and approved all this failing to see the carnival atmosphere Trump has played to his advantage and now you whine and cry while others make the mistake of sinking to his level.

Remember the wise words, 'He who lives by the sword dies by the sword."

I do not approve of either group violating the others rights; but there is no surprise here at all.

Trump is reaping what he hath sown.

• Like Like x 1
  9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Ben Carson.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is another trollish rant. Mere bait to draw us into an endless debate with someone that has nothing of value to offer in return, other than personal bias. Thanks, but, no thanks, CTB.

12. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looking at your signature you should know Donald Trump chose the wide path..will you also follow him down that path?

13. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel like I've fallen down a rabbit hole. Trump, the authoritarian bully boy, is prevented by speaking by a bunch of leftists following the well-worn path of shouting down people they don't agree with and thus have no right to speak. So, in this instance, Trump is the victim and will surely use it to his advantage. The anti-Trump crowd congratulates itself on squelching public discourse and expects adulation. Is it in any wonder the center can't hold?

14. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    kennedy.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can clearly see that you are new to the board. You should be aware of rules that do not allow members to question another's relationship with Jesus! If I lean towards one candiate aor another, it does not mean I am going to hell! shame on you!

16. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never questioned your relationship with Christ..I ask you if you'll follow someone that clearly stands against God! I can't make that choice for you! I also never said you're going to hell so please don't put words in my mouth!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll be clear on my belief as a Christian! I believe once we sincerely accept Christ as our Savior we're saved to the end..God will not take back what he has given us! But as Christians we can make bad choices because we are sinners! We should use biblical discernment when making choices! I don't have the power to send anyone to hell nor can I save anyone! I believe the choices we do make while in the flesh will determine our rewards in heaven!

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if I don't believe that a certain person is bad, and you deem them to be bad, then I make a bad choice. What if I believe your choice is really the bad or wrong choice? Where does that leave us? Do we flip a coin or play rock, paper scissors?

And why does God have to enter this issue? Whom you deem worthy does not make your choice correct! Unless you are playing God, and who is right and who is wrong comes down to your view? That is why religion and politics make strange bedfellows brother.

I don't see in the Bible any place that sets one person up in the position of deciding who is right or wrong. We can have an opinion, but to suggest that if a brother chooses one political candidate over one you prefer means they have chosen to follow that choice or person down the "wide road" to hell, is judgement. And you can say you didn't mean it that way, but, in all actuality you did intend to insinuate that a vote for Trump puts the supporter on the same road as the person they cast their vote for. Sorry, but you made a comment that was nothing less than innuendo. How else was I to take your "words or wisdom?" It was a warning, that if I followed Trump, I'd be following him straight to hell, or at least NOT GET THE SAME AMOUNT OF REWARDS IN MY CROWN AS YOURS?!? You can't have it both ways. So grow up. Stop playing pharisee!

19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Enthusiastic support for someone DOES demonstrate a like-minded commitment to the same values and methods of the other person.

You seem to indicate that you are in favor of Trump's current positions, attitudes and methods by your frequent posts supporting Trump.

If you do not favor Trump, say so clearly so we will not be misled.

If you reluctantly support him, please list the positions, attitudes and methods of Trump that you deplore so that everyone knows that you - someone who repeatedly claims Christ - understand what is seriously wrong with Trump as a candidate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I try not to rate people's responses . But this is just DUMB. This man says all that he says and then questions why God has to enter the issue?:rolleyes:

No wonder so much unGodliness spews from those fingertips.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    And lean not on your own understanding;
    6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He shall direct your paths. Pro. 3:5-6