1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Today's gem

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by MrCorey, Aug 22, 2006.

1. MrCorey

MrCorey Member

Jesus says, "No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). His witness is true. Beloved, we glorify Christ as God Himself. Truly, we never doubt the unity of the Godhead, but while "there is one God...[there is also] one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus" (1 Tim. 2:5). Forever remember that Christ Jesus, as God-man, as Mediator, is essential to all our communion with the Father. You cannot trust God or love God or serve God in the right way unless you willingly consent to His appointed way of reconciliation, redemption, justification, and access, which is only through the precious blood of Jesus Christ. In Christ we draw near to God. Do not attempt to approach Jehovah, who is "a consuming fire" (Heb. 12:29), except through the incarnate God. Tell me, my reader, is your faith fixed on Jesus, whom God has set forth to be the reconciliation for sin? Do you come to God in the way that He has provided? He will not receive you in any other way. If you reject the way of salvation through the blood of the Lamb, you cannot be keeping the saying of Christ. He says, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father" (John 14:9), and He says this of no one else.
    C.H.Spurgeon