1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Today's pastors are 'lip service' pastors

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Sep 4, 2012.

1. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Friend, self-sacrifice and mutual submission are straight from the example of Christ. I'm not sure how you could suggest that they are worldly traits.

Actually, I think sin is destroying families.

It's also strange to me that you would suggest following hard after Christ would be a feminist "bend," but if it is, so be it. I believe, as I believe the witness of Scripture supports, females to have the same opportunities as males. If that's feminist, I can live with that.

No offense to you, sir, and it seems to me that you have a heartfelt and sincere faith, but I was once in the patriarchal camp. I was raised with it. I was indoctrinated with it. But from studying the Bible, I was convicted that the patriarchal position is not at all how we were created. If we continue to purport gender hierarchy as biblical, we are letting the old creation win.

Christ came to redeem the cosmos. New creation must be allowed to have the final word.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I didn't say the traits were worldly.:laugh: I said your answer was. I don't know why women want to fight this so much. Yes there is mutual submission, but the husband is the head of the household and the wife is to submit to him as the head.

Whether or not feminist of the 20 and 21st century like it, God has an order. And that order is for the husband to be the head of the household and for his wife to submit to him because he is submitting to Christ.

And part of that sin is doing tings out of God's order.

Now, now. I suggested no such thing. If I had intended to say that, i would have.

Who said anything about the same opportunities? I spoke to the husband being the head of the household. Females don't have that opportunity unless they don't want a husband.

Nope. God has an order. And that order was put in place to not author confusion.

That's why women aren't to each over men and so many other issues of order that God gives.

it's when people ignore this order that chaos reigns.

And chaos breeds confusion. And confusion breeds sin.