1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Todd Bentley: God told him to leg drop the pastor, kick old lady in face... watch

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Heh heh! Whatever it is, he's good at it. Got those folks stirred up to a frenzy--just like they do on Smackdown.

2. CarpentersApprentice

That about sums it up...

:thumbsup:

3. CarpentersApprentice

Are you thinking of this fellow?

Marjoe Gortner

CA

4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I have great problems with someone saying God is telling him to go and physically assault people.

I am not completely against some elements of pentecostalism, but this really is waaaaaay over the line.

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'd like to hear him give his salvation testimony, and how he believes sinners come into a right relationship with God.

I've seen several of the You Tube videos, and in none of them did this come up.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

What is his message?

What I hear is this guy bragging about what all he's done to people and he's claiming that "God" told him to!

First of all why should I beleive what he says?

Second of all, what 'god' is he talking about?

If he thinks he is talking about the God or the Jesus who I worship then I am not convinced to agree!

I think we dilly dally around people's 'profession' without discerning their possession..... or rather, the Holy Spirit's possession and infilling of them.

While I wholeheartedly agree that caution should be exercised about our judgement of others and their behavior or their profession...... I do not agree that we should not judge and be cautious in who we support and lend credibility to by our attendance and presence.

If this were in my church... I should think I would register my immediate objection by walking out.........

And I have done that before...... and thank God, it was not in my church.

THIS VIDEO is one attempt to expose some of the trickery which may be present in some 'healing services'.

I do believe God heals. I do believe that he often uses man to be the conduit of his healing...... and that may be through prayer, annointing, ministry and service such as nursing or visitation and worship, doctors....... or just faith without evidence of other's 'works'. ........And, actually, I'd go so far as to say when God heals a person, it is immaterial beyond the obediance of faith, whether or not another was a 'tool' for him. It is God and not man that does the healing and gets the glory.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well, I believe him when he "dropped kicked the Pastor", I say the Pastor was in the spirit, don't know which one, but I guarntee you, he was in some kind of spirit, called "pain"..............:laugh: :laugh:

[​IMG]
    Pastor

#27 Brother Bob, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2008
  8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i've seen a pentecostal/full gospel rebuke the "spirit of engine trouble".:laugh:

9. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I once had a charismatic rebuke the spirit of my cold--the cold remained but maybe the spirit went away, who knows. :laugh:

10. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

He keeps saying 'something' came over me. It would behoove him to test the spirits because it is not the Holy Spirit doing this.

This clown belongs in a bar doing his stand-up comedy routine, not pretending to be a Christian!

11. queenbee

queenbee Member

12. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

No, I've seen the Marjoe one too. I believe the story or show I was talking about, might have been on 60 minutes, I think Mike Wallace was the one doing the story.

Marjoe was all over TV for a few years after he came out with the above.

#32 Bob Alkire, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2008
  13. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I always get worked up when I hear of a sadistic child molester has killed another child or a new legislation that will cement abortion for another generation but when we hear of these things going on in the name of Christ I am reminded of what Jesus said of these days;

Matthew 24
    1And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to show him the buildings of the temple.
    2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
    3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
    4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
    5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

What people need to understand is that many will come saying that they know that Jesus is the Christ but their doctrine and way of life is not that of the Christ they think they know. As such they believe the lie that is the life of this type of deceiver.

That verse 5 is the first and the most direct warning of the end times that does affect you and me in the here and now. Look up when you see these things and get busy telling your friends and family about the coming Lord. It is only He and He alone that will redeem this world from men like Todd Bentley.