1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Todd Palin Had Big Role in Sarah's Politics

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Any Democrat or liberal who is scared to death of Sarah Palin need not be. However as a conservative I am terrified of her. Any party that nominates her in 2012 will lose. She just does not have the intellectual weight we need. After eight years of George W Bush, who I voted for, I am ready for conservatives to find someone who is ready to be thrown into the fire. Someone who can cleary explain their positions, explain why they hold those positions, and convince others to agree with them. Sarah Palin, with all due respect, just can't do that. She is a surface level politician. When she is caught off guard, ie...not coached, she swims along the surface of issues. Why? Because she has not carefully studied those issues. I still remember when Katie Couric asked her what she read and she could not give a straight answer. That was the moment I realized the truth about Palin. I voted for McCain/Palin, but I knew she was not what we needed. Anyone who has to dodge the softball "what do you read" is not ready for the big time. At least not in my opinion.

==Yea, she cooks. She cooked through a whole interview on Fox News shortly after the campaign was over. Like she did not have time to sit down and give a proper interview. She had the time, she just wanted to show everyone that she was a normal, cooking lady. I'm sorry but I was not impressed. It was one of several episodes that only reinforced the impression I had of her. She is more politician than substance. Will she run for President? I doubt it. At least not as a major party candidate. If she were going to run for President she probably would not have resigned as governor of Alaska before she finished her first term.

I wish conservatives would find a candidate who was a serious thinker. Newt Gingrich would be a nice choice. He is a good speaker and he is a really smart man. Newt is probably the only way I would vote for a Republican for President in 2012. Otherwise I am going third party.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I wouldn't vote for her but this Palin is dumb mentality is absurd and patently false. She can hang with anyone intellectually. Ridiculous

3. targus

targus New Member

Is Crabby starting these anti-Palin threads today because he is feeling threatened by her speaking at the Tea Party?

My magic 8 ball says - "It is decidedly so".

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Don't forget the raw FBI files on Bush 41's staff and the former bouncer who reviewed them for Hillary, a clear violation of law. But just like the Black Panther intimidators in Philadelphia nothing was ever done to the bouncer or Hillary Dillary.

5. OldRegular

As Governor Palin has explained the question was not really "What do you read?" but the tone implied: "Can you hicks up here in the boonies read?" Governor Palin admitted she was PO'd during the interview because of Couric's condensending attitude. Same with Charlie what's his name pearing over his specs.

The reason that the liberals and some elitist RHINO's are terrified of Governor Palin is that she is Genuine. And she didn't kill her unborn baby!

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I guess we all have our own opinions on this but I have not seen any evidence to suggest that she can "hang with anyone intellectually". Like I said, she is good on the surface but go beyond that and she can't keep up.

7. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Nobody knows what goes on in the Presidential bedroom. Any man worth his salt would always listen to his wife's opinion. I can't imagine it being different for a woman.

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I heard Palin's explanation for her failure to answer such a simple question. Personally, I don't believe her explanation. For people of any level of depth, "what do you read" is not a trick question. I don't care that she was "PO'd" during the interview or insulted by what she thought the question implied. She did not answer the question and I have to assume she could not answer it. I will give her this, at least she did not lie in the interview. I think she is covering now.

==If you believe any politician is genuine then there is a massive gap between the two of us. I start with the assumption that all politicians are not genuine. That I have to question every claim they make. I view Palin the same way. Mainly after her Fox News interview where she was too busy cooking to sit down and answer questions. She has done or said nothing to convince me that she is genuine. That she can stir up a crowd is beyond doubt. That she is a serious thinker who carefully studies and thinks through issues is, IMO, in very much in question.

9. OldRegular

Are you in the habit of questioning the integrity of people you don't know or know anything about. Is your male chauvinism showing?

I thank GOD daily for HIS blessings.

Given that Greta van Sustern is one of the tougher ladies on TV I assume that format was acceptable to her. Again your male chauvinism is showing!

Well she did not abort her child with Downs Syndrome. That shows she is genuinely pro life. Are you? Or is it just your male chauvinism again?

So who is the serious thinker here? You obviously are ignorant of her accomplishments in Alaska.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Palin is an honest and genuine lady and there has been no reason to doubt it. Some people are easily indoctrinated by the state run media.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I am in the habit of questioning all politicians. Republican, Democrat, liberal, or conservative. These are people who want to gain power in this country. They seek positions of authority. These are people who, generally speaking, have not proven to be the most honest folks on the face of the earth. So yes, I question all politicians. I question their claims, their answers, their intelligence, and yes their integrity. This has nothing to do with Palin's sex, it has to do with here level of intellectual ability. In all the interviews I have seen her do, including her recent appearances on Fox News, I have seen nothing that even causes me to think I should change my mind on her. Her answers are very surface level. Typical D.C. politician. In many ways she is no different than many of the others up there. Sadly far too many Americans fall for fluff over substance. Want proof? Look at our current president. That he has a J.D. means nothing. President Obama is good at reading other people's words. As conservatives we need to offer up someone with intellectual ability. Someone who engages in careful study and thought on the issues. Someone who will not just read from the party line. IMO, Palin does not fit that bill.

==Greta can be a tough interview and, to be honest, she did not look all that impressed with Palin's cooking performance (but that was just my impression).

I find it interesting that some people can't just accept that others disagree with them. You keep saying that my "male chauvinism is showing", yet this has nothing to do with Palin being a woman. This has to do with the lack of substance in her answers. Your "chauvinism" remarks makes me think that you are being overly defensive. Have my claims hit a nerve? Honestly, I hope so. I hope all of my fellow conservatives on this board re-examine Palin. We can do much, much better.

==I did not say she was not pro-life. I'm glad she did not kill her baby. However that says nothing about her political career or level of curiosity. Not having an aborition is not near enough to earn my vote (again).

==Don't jump to such conclusions. I know about her record in Alaska. After all, I voted for McCain/Palin in 2008. I also defended her (for a short time). Her half of one term as governor was successful. However that does not change my impression of her. My impression comes from her interviews and talks. If I'm wrong about Palin, and I don't think I am, it is because she gives such a bad first impression. That she made some good decisions does not prove that she has the intellectual ability needed to be President. Neither did Bush, neither does Obama, but that is no excuse for Palin.

12. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==First, I generally don't watch MSNBC. So I don't watch the state run media. Second, my impression of Palin comes from the interviews/speeches I have heard her give. I gave her more than a good chance to impress me. I defended her against the ugly remarks made about her family situation. I voted for her for V.P. (a move I regret). I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. However the more I watched her, the more I listened to her, the more concerned I became. Time has caused me to turn against Sarah Palin. Not the media.

13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the left believed all they say about Palin, they would be granting her every chance to be the "star of the R party" - just like they did with McCain, cause thay knew he was easy pickins.

If Sarah is, as they portray her, they would be praising her daily in hopes that '12 would be a repeat of '08.

Now why some of the Rs are so scared of her, I can't fathom; unless they are swayed more by the media than I thought??!!

Is she presidential material?? I don't know, but she's is far more PRESIDENTIAL right now that the character who is the president.

What will she be/do in the future?? Again, I don't know, but the pickins are pretty slim for a decent conservative from what I'm aware of that's available.

For what it's worth, I certainly don't think she would be another Bush - for character, poise, and defense he would be great to emulate, but not fiscally or a few other areas.

All I can say is that I'm glad that its all in HIS hands regardless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARANATHA