1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tom Brokaw: It is not Obama's to lose

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I watched an interview with tom Brokaw on the far left wing news outlet MSNBC this morning. Tom said:

"Most Americans are not ideologues. Those who support Obama are so enamored with him that they cannot imagine him losing. They couldn't be more wrong. This election is not his to lose."

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Tom Brokaw is right. To me it seems most of they hype is coming from the under 30 crowd, which more than half will not even bother to vote anyway. I don't see Obama winning in November.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I don't either. Obam is nothing more that a playing card.

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

If Obama doesnt win, there are going to be alot of filthy rich behind the scenes donors who will have wasted alot of money.

Hey BTW has anyone seen KenH? Oh Ken where are you? hiding?

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

How can you be so confident about Obama not winning?

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I not only think Obama will win, I think he will win big. I believe that his numbers will continue to increase until the election in November. Things may change, but that's how I see it now.

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Obama is ahead in the polls. What are you basing your statement on? Who are these filthy rich people contributing to the Obama campaign. I agree with Brogaw's statement that the Democrats can't afford to be complacent but I'd rather be ahead at this point than behind.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Barack Obama attracting 47% of the vote while John McCain earns 43%. When "leaners" are included, it’s Obama 50%, McCain 45%. (see recent daily results).

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Unless something outrageous happens in either camp I see this being a very close election. America is dividing itself and people who never care about politics are taking interest in this election.

What's interesting to me is how Obama, a relative unknown when his campaign started is keeping so close to a war hero with 26 years experience on the Hill. How he beat Hillary, a well know family in the political arena and who had 18 Million die hard supporters. I wouldn't count him out but his lack of experience is really hurting him in the long run.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Kerry was in the exact same boat 4 years ago...and he was experienced.

10. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yesterday, I heard a commentator on NPR say that he thinks that there is a real possibility of recount disputes in several states. I'm not sure it will be that bad, but I think you're right about the closeness of the election and the divisiveness in the country.

Unfortunately for McCain, his being a POW looks good on his resume, but it is hard for many Americans to see how it is going to help him as president. As for Hillary, she hasn't got the charisma that Bill has. Even with him standing by her side, I don't think many people have the kind of confidence in her that they did in him. Obama's lack of experience may or may not be irrelevant. We won't know until the end of the next term.

I have lowered my expectations for anyone elected president. As long as they don't [technical construction term omitted] us up too badly by the end of their term, then they are a raving success. If you get someone good, then consider yourself lucky. If you get the village idiot, you're stuck because, by the time you find out, it's too late to do anything about it.

The real issue in the campaign is the 800-pound gorilla on McCain's back. His and Palin's job is to dump the gorilla. Obama and Biden will be trying to keep it up there and to get it to put on more weight. There are many other more important issues (you know what they are), but the gorilla will overshadow them all.

Tim Reynolds

11. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What? You quoting a liberal? :laugh:

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

If that weight is the economy then you're right. People I am hearing from love Palin but they know the economy has done bad the last eight years and see McCain as more of the same.

13. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The economy is one of the things that ought to be driving this election. The other things on my list are, in no particular order, education, foreign relations, health care, tax reform, and the national debt. As for the gorilla, I probably should have referred to him as an 800-pound lame duck.

Tim Reynolds