1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tom Lester passes

Discussion in 'TV Shows and Movies' started by Salty, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lester, better known as Eb Dawson, the dimwitted farm hand on Green Acres entered the presence of our Lord on Monday,
    20 Apr 2020.

From the IMDb page

He was born in 1938

He had been the last surviving cast member of Green acres.
    :'
    Personal quotes:

[after turning down a beer commercial, resulting in his agent dropping him] I couldn't go into a church and share my faith and be in a movie downtown that people in the church wouldn't see because of the subject matter or language.

If, with God's help, I wasn't living the Christian life, then me speaking across the country wouldn't have the effect that it has.

[How he found his faith and values after Green Acres (1965)] I had all the fun of being on "Green Acres" and laughing every day and having a great time. I had all the fun of traveling across the country and meeting wonderful people in churches. God gets all the credit, and I get all the fun. What a great deal!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I watch Green Acres every night on me tv.

• Like Like x 1