1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tom Tancredo: The Voice of Patriotic Sanity

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jul 28, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I heard Tancredo on a local talk show last week. It's clear that it was a "what if" hypothetical, asked in a casual interview.

I'm not often one to play the partisan card, but in this case, liberals simply need to lighten up.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

My "esteemed" congressman's remarks are being discussed on a message board frequented by Islamic extremeists. Nice job Tom. Why not inflame them even more?

Full story at web page

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe that if Congressman Tancredo hadn't made his remarks(which I am glad he made and which I agree with) that the Islamofascists would like us any more and I don't believe that by making his remarks that the Islamofascists hate us any greater.

Other Muslims may not like his remarks but I don't care. I just want them to know that they had best work really hard to keep the Islamofascists in check because if the Islamofascists set off a nuclear device within the United States these other Muslims had best understand that they won't likely be able to avoid the fallout of our retaliation against the Islamofascists.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I think what he was trying to say is that if we get attacked, we'll attack back. I think that is correct." - Democratic Senator Ken Salazar

6. Magnetic Poles

Yeah, I have a nutjob Congressman (Tancredo), a nutjob Senator (Allard) and a semi-nutjob Senator (Salazar). Oh, and not to leave anyone out, a nutjob Governor, Bill Owens.

Could be worse...I could have Tom DeLay as my Congressman. People in Sugar Land, you have my condolensces.

7. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Right on, Ken.

I think it is long over due that this nation quit worrying about hurting the feelings of every third world country in existence. We need to return to America First, not "Blame America First". I am glad Congressman Tancredo made his comments. I wish others would join him. He made no threats about pre-emptively bombing the Islamofascists (I like that Ken). He did say if you hit us, look out we are coming right back and harder than you.

Keep up the good work Tom.

8. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Yeah, I have a nutjob Congressman (Tancredo), a nutjob Senator (Allard) and a semi-nutjob Senator (Salazar). Oh, and not to leave anyone out, a nutjob Governor, Bill Owens.

Could be worse...I could have Tom DeLay as my Congressman. People in Sugar Land, you have my condolensces.
    </font>[/QUOTE]My district borders his. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind having him as my Congressman. Anyone is better than who I was represented by before I moved in '03.

Care to take a guess? She is a woman. She represents a large part of Houston. She is black. She is very liberal, racist, and has a very big mouth.

The clock is ticking, but everyone should already know to whom I refer. :D

Answer:

Sheila Jackson-Lee (Ted Kennedy, if he was black and female...or, at least she claims to be female [​IMG] )

9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't feel bad, Bro. James, I am represented by another one just like yours--Julia Carson. It is a waste of time to contact her office about anything--they just don't get it.

As for Tancredo, I think that he would be a very good VP candidate in 2008 with Doc Frist running for President. Yes, that's the ticket!

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The buzz in my neck o'the woods is that the majority of Muslims think he probably could have phrased it better, but aren't condemning him or roasting him over the coals. Why? Because they understand the phrase in context. But the extremists, or, as you say, the Islamofascists, will say whatever they want anyway.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frist will do a flip-flop on this one shortly. All politicians worth their salt are very acrobatic. He will be taken to the woodshed and be given a whipping and then he will straighten up and fly right, Ken.

13. Magnetic Poles

Well, at least Mr. Tancredo voted against CAFTA.

As for Frist, he is also finally trying to stand up against the Bush gang.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean by favoring the killing of innocent unborn babies by using them in unethical, grotesque medical research? Yeah, that's really something for Frist to be proud of. :rolleyes:

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frist owes his promotion to Bush. If Frist is right for wanting the federal government to fund stem cell research, that is a leftist issue. Then if Tancredo votes against CAFTA, that is a far right issue, or have all Democrats abandoned free trade--I imagine that they have because Clinton needed a lot of Republicans before on free trade issues. It is strange how the parties have reversed positions on trade. FDR was for it and the GOP was not. Now the GOP is for it and the FDR types are not.

If Frist does not recant, he will lose the GOP nomination.

16. Magnetic Poles

Frist will be President when Satan calls Denver to borrow some snowplows. [​IMG]