1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tongues

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by JerryL, Dec 24, 2007.

1. atestring

atestring New Member

How do you know that there is no interpreter?

2. standingfirminChrist

Because of the interpretation given.

Every Pentecostal or Charismatic Church I have ever been in (I was ordained Pentecostal many years ago and came out of it when I saw through Scripture the errors taught in that movement), has had the interpretation of the tongues spoken in their services as spoken to man.

"My Child, this day will I begin to do a work..."

"Thus saith the Lord God..."

etc.,

Any interpretation of the babbling that goes on in those congregations that reflect a message from God to man is a false interpretation of the babbling tongue that is spoken.

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

If the interpretation of the tongue is not as being from man... to God, it is the wrong interpretation.

"Father, I thank Thee..."

"Father, I come to praise Thee..."

Does an interpreter speak the words of the one who was spoken to? or the words of the speaker?

As I said, the interpretations given in most Churches are not true interpretations of the tongue spoken and therefore the tongue was not to be spoken for lack of a true interpretation.