1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tonight's Debate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Good thing Obama didn't overwhelmingly win. I see the usual conservative defense was ready.

@billreber = The Gov of MS is Republican... He would have done what he could for McCain but how do you just blow off a debate?

2. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Its not an insinuation, it is an observation after tonights debate.

obama defends the muslims, even the pakistanis, but he wont even acknowledge the state of isreal. McCain sees the importance of defending Isreal.

Obama gave generic "we need change" answers and blamed everything on Bush....but he didnt say a whole lot about how he's going to change it.

Obama wants us to surrender to the Muslims, and withdrawl.......why?

If he is not a muslim, or at least identify with them, then why wont he support us finishing the job?

He said "we will have to lose in Iraq in order to win in Afghanistan"....why is that? Why cant we win both?

He is a muslim, maybe not in faith, but by birth and by loyalty.

AJ

#42 ajg1959, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2008
  3. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Let me just say this:

If my total impression of Christianity was based on you, and your acceptance of abortion and homosexuals, then I would not believe a word of your testimony, or the Bible you claim to believe in.

Brother

#43 ajg1959, Sep 26, 2008
  4. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

And again, Ken starts a ruckus and then he logs off, like he always does

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Naw, I think he's just waiting for you to bump the needle on that broken record. We've heard this part before.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) If you watched the debate on Friday night then you know your statement is false.

2) Barack Obama has never said any such thing.

3) Please provide proof of such a quote. You won't, because you can't. You are just making that up. It is a baldfaced fabrication.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You, sir, started the ruckus by making a false accusation, and continuing to do so, that you can't back up. Nothing but baldfaced fabrications.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not accept abortion for any reason. I do not condone any homosexual act.

<edited - LE>

#48 KenH, Sep 27, 2008
  9. targus

targus New Member

Huh?

How do you pass the commander-in-chief threshold in a debate?

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same way that Ronald Reagan did in debate in 1980 - by showing a knowledge of foreign policy and the world, by showing that you will use military force when necessary to defend the United States such as Senator Obama's willingness to take out Osama bin Laden when the opportunity arises regardless of whether Pakistan gives us permission to do so.

11. targus

targus New Member

Ahem...

Sorry to be the one to tell you...

When you vote for a politician that promotes these things you are condoning them.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, not at all, regardless of how many times you say that I am <edited - LE>

#52 KenH, Sep 27, 2008
  13. targus

targus New Member

Saying something in a debate is "showing you will use military force when necessary"?

Words are cheap.

What's his voting record?

What's his experience?

14. targus

targus New Member

Your inability to see that voting for a politican that promotes abortion is a defacto promotioning of abortion yourself is simply a lack of discernment on your part.

This is not a personal opinion.

This is not a judgement about you personally.

It is a statement of fact.

When you vote for a politician knowing his position on critical issues - such as abortion - you are not simply condoning those positions - you are taking an active step in promoting them yourself because you are knowingly putting that politician in a position of power to act on those values.

I am sorry if that hurts your feelings - but I am not making that choice for you - you are making the choice yourself.

I am simply pointing out the unavoidable truth of it.

#54 targus, Sep 27, 2008
  15. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I knew Ronald Reagan and Obama is no Ronald Reagan.

On foreign policy, he was completely flummoxed and embarrassed. He sounded like someone repeating someone else's lines. He did not show that he grasped the complexities of the issues at hand. He did not show that he understand what's at stake and how to go about reestablishing America's vision around the world. Obama was just out of his league on foreign policy and it showed last night.

I wish we had an actual real candidate to vote for.

16. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Throughout the campaign, Obama has repeatedly spoken highly of the Arab nations while ignoring Isreal.

Obama has repeatedly said we must withdrawl from Iraq , which is essentialy surrendering.

Obama has also repeatedly said that in order to win in Afghanistan, theat we will have to withdraw from Iraq, and redeploy our forces to Afghanistan.

These are not fabrications, and the only thing bald about me is my head.....not my face.

Brother

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What is the "America's vision" around the world PL? Who's vision is it anyway? The American people's or the American elites? Or is it the vision of the transnational elites and the public privateers?

I get confused sometimes.

#57 poncho, Sep 27, 2008
  18. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

How is that a personal attack? You yourself said that you will vote for a pro-abortion candidate, which in essence means that you at least "accept" abortion. That is what I said, you accept it, and according to your own statements, you do.

Besides, I was replying to this personal attack you made on me:

I was talking about Obama, didnt even mention you, and you chose to question my testimony. And I replied that your acceptance of abortion and homosexuality would lead me to question yours.

Brother

19. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

The vision people have of America. It's their vision. It used to be better than it is, though it was never all that great. America has always been like the old crotchety uncle. People speak well as long as they are getting some money. Otherwise, they don't like him.

I have noticed. There are very few things in this forum that have been better documented.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Now you see this is where I get confused. You say it's the vision of the people of America...yet even as we sit here the state is about to spend 700 billion (tax) dollars on a bank bailout the people are clearly against.

Who's vision is that?

Back to Iraq...70% of the people of America (according to past polls) want us out of Iraq yet it continues.

Who's vision is that?

So who's vision of America are we establishing around the world when the people's vision is paid no mind by the state? Is it any wonder I get confused with so many people making statements that defy logic and the facts at hand?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.