1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

too much politics

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by bobbyd, Sep 25, 2008.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

The announcement by John McCain yesterday to suspend his campaign to focus on fixing the economy has showed, once again, how severe the split our nation's political atmosphere truly is. For pete's sake, if McCain says "orange" the Obama campaign will respond with a press conference calling for "apples"; and if Obama wants tea, McCain will run an ad glorifying coffee. This is ridiculous!

Speaking as an American...not as a republican, i want this economic situation fixed. I don't want to see any more TV ads, i don't want to see any more political speeches in "battle ground states", and i don't want to really watch a debate on foreign policy on Friday. And most of all i don't want my tax money, which is way too high already, to have to pay for golden parachutes and houses that people couldn't afford.
    As an aside; I took personal responsibility in my first home by not buying more than i could afford...i simply expect the same out of others.

If they want to debate, fine...debate the economy. Quit politicizing EVERYTHING, and i say this about both camaigns, and fix this economy! Don't use the excuse of the Senate not working on Friday...it's called overtime, us "little people" do it, so can the Washington fat cats.
    For the record, i do think McCain did the right thing in suspending his campaign, i for my sanity and the sanity of all of us, i wish Obama would do the same and give us all a break.