1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Top Democrat Won’t Support Iran Deal: ‘I Have Decided I Must Oppose the Agreement’

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Schumer, a leading Jewish Democrat, is the first senator of Obama’s party to step forward to oppose the deal. His announcement came just hours after two other Senate Democrats ....

....“The very real risk that Iran will not moderate and will, instead, use the agreement to pursue its nefarious goals is too great,” he said in opposing the pact.

Schumer said he based his decision on the nuclear and non-nuclear elements of the accord and on the question of “Are we better off with the agreement or without it?”

He complained that the pact does not allow inspections “anywhere, anytime” and that the United States cannot demand inspections unilaterally.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...l-i-have-decided-i-must-oppose-the-agreement/

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Schumer can afford to be against Obama's gift to Iran because he knows it will not be defeated!

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It probably will not be defeated but Schumer risked his becoming minority leader after the next election. However, Obama will be gone and the next President can junk the deal and support armed destruction of Iranian nuclear facilities.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Presidents can't willy nilly junk treaties. If it's ratified, it's binding and takes an act of congress to undo.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not being handled as a "treaty".

The Senate has alredy surrendered one of their most important powers without a fight.

Gutless cowards, one and all.

6. JFish123

JFish123 New Member