1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Top Evangelicals Still Await GOP Invite

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JGrubbs, Aug 12, 2004.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

It appears that the CP is primarily composed of evangelicals. Why not? It's the only party that actually intends to do what they believe is right.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The CP did not invite Graham, Falwell, or Robertson to address their convention. No Evangelical would address a Libertarian convention because of their view that anything goes in marriage. Badnarik said that he favors same-sex marriage. Peroutka and the Communist Party have both declared the war in Iraq illegal.

So don't worry about the GOP, guys--you have your own problems to worry about.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frankly, cmg, I believe that I am more of a Republican than you are.

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I believe that you are more of a voter for Peroutka and a card-carrying member of the Constitution Party (maiden name, Taxpayers Party) than you are anything else politically. So therefore you can try to make it a political issue if you like, but your own little tiny party refused to invite Graham, Falwell, or Robertson to their convention and yard sale (wasn't it held in a two-car garage?).

"Don't worry; be happy!" The GOP will manage somehow without the votes of the CP. As a big party, the GOP may even be able to hire consultants to arrange the convention for them. A lot of Democrats may defect from Kerry and vote for Bush as a late "Cambodian" Christmas present from 1968.

"Don't worry; be happy!"

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peroutka voter, yes, but I would not be considered a card-carrying member of any political party. I support candidates, not parties. And there can be no doubt about this as my votes since 1974 have been spread between Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, and Independents in the various local, county, State, and federal races I have voted in.

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

"Sunday August 15, 2004--The latest Rasmussen Reports Presidential Tracking Poll shows Senator John Kerry with 49% of the vote and President George W. Bush with 46%. The Tracking Poll is updated daily by noon Eastern.

Kerry has been at 47% or 48% for nine of the last eleven days. Bush has been at 45% or 46% for eight of those days. In fact, the President has been at 45% or 46% for 22 of the last 25 days.

Eighty-six percent (86%) of Bush voters say they are "certain" that's how they will vote. Eighty percent (80%) of Kerry voters say the same."

My guess is there's more worry than happy in the WH right now.

Look for Bush's surrogates to come out in a spitting, scratching, hair-pulling hissy after the convention.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bad news for the Libertarians. They have already been discounted because of their support for abortion rights and their stance that the government should not stop same-sex marriages or polygamous marriages.

It must be tough for the Libertarians that no one wants to go to Badnarik's convention.

"Got along without you before I met you,
    Gonna get along without you now;
    Got along without you before I met you,
    Gonna get along without you now."

[​IMG]

[Note to moderator: There does not seem to be an instant graemlin for singing.]

8. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I realized at last that the demopublicans have so trained Americans to accept that freedom is bad, that they aren't inclined to vote for it.

So, like Ken, I try to spread my ideas as I can, and vote for whomever seems to me to best express my ideas.

I have major differences with Bush and Kerry. I even have differences with Peroutka and Badarnik. But it seems I have the fewest with Peroutka.

And so I will vote my conscience.

You should try it.

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson to be "leading evangelicals" [​IMG]

10. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Why go out of you way for a bunch of suckers who will support you for going against what they believe?

11. Pennsylvania Jim

Falwell will do whatever it takes to stay in the graces of the GOP bosses.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peroutka didn't even invite Falwell to Valley Forge. The Constitution Party bosses must be a little stingy with their chicken dinners.

13. Pennsylvania Jim

Falwell, in his blind supoort of the GOP, is now on the side of big government and the status quo on abortion. I would have been surprised to see him invited.

14. Monergist

Monergist New Member

[​IMG] Agreed.