1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Top Republican admits Benghazi Committee is all about attacking Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Zaac, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I had said from the beginning that it was just a witch-hunt to make Hillary look bad because they knew she was the presumptive Democrat nominee for President. Sean Hannity tried to save him, but his mouth was like a faucet that couldn't be turned off.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now someone needs to form a committee to investigate him and his friends criminally using taxpayer dollars to attack a political candidate.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No where in that quote does McCarthy state that was the reason for the committee. He does talk about how the investigation has effected her campaign. What we also know is that she has engaged in wrong doing with regards to her handling of emails. We also know that they have stonewalled on any info related to Benghazi. We also know now that the talking points given initially were all lies.

This is much ado about nothing.

As a side note I do not want to see McCarthy become the speaker.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

To everyone who is listening, it's very clear what he was saying and that's why Hannity tried to cut him off.:laugh:

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hillary doesn't need anyone's help to make her look bad. She does a fine job of that all by herself.

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Worthwhile mission, ain't it?

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#7 poncho, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
  8. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

VERY worthwhile.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Top Republicans are really Dems, anyway. Like Zaac.

10. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it is a witch hunt, as you claim, Zaac, then they have found the witch. But what difference does it make? Hillary said that she was going to have the Egyptian Coptic imprisoned, and she did.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems like I have heard that someplace before.......

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not exactly earthshaking news here. :rolleyes:

She was the person in charge who ignored pleas for more security and lied about the reasons for the attack.

It rightfully should be all about attacking her and her woeful record.

13. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are silly and your rants and raves amount to nothing more than a truck load of AA grade steer manure! :wavey: In other words, your words still stink up this forum. Who couldn't see this rant coming from you? I was not the least bit surprised to turn on the forum and see your name attached to yet another hate rant against the GOP! :type:

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And who couldn't see your senile response coming? Get back to hating on The President and the other black folks you disdain. I didn't tie you up and drag you into this thread. [​IMG]

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sending myself to the gulag for re-education for showing disrespect to Komrade Female Hillary Our Next Beloved Dear Glorious Leader. May GOP rabble leader trying to take Boehner's place as GOP crybaby of the House be kissed by Komrade Female Pelosi.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How long do you plan on staying?

17. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I would ask is...do you think there should have been an investigation at all?

God bless.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Darrell, it's difficult to answer. On the one hand I believe an investigation is warranted. I don't however believe that it should have still been dragging on 3 years after the attack.

On the other hand, I don't think there should have been an investigation, at least not by Congress or anyone remotely affiliated with Congress, because of the ultra-extreme partisanship in the Congress that seems to too many times lend itself to not searching for the truth, but rather searching for a way to politically injure the other party, be it Democrat or Republican.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Ex-Benghazi investigator: ‘This has become a partisan investigation’ hyper-focused on Hillary Clinton

A former investigator with the congressional Select Committee on Benghazi says the probe into the Sept. 11, 2012, terror attacks that killed four Americans — including Ambassador Chris Stevens — morphed into a politically motivated mission targeting Hillary Clinton after the revelation that she used a private email server during her tenure as secretary of state.

“This has become a partisan investigation,” Maj. Bradley Podliska, an intelligence officer in the Air Force Reserve, told CNN. “I do not know the reason for the hyper-focus on Hillary Clinton.”

Podliska, who spent 10 months as an investigator for the Republican-led panel, says he was fired in June for resisting pressure to focus his efforts on Clinton.

“I was fired for trying to conduct an objective, nonpartisan, thorough investigation,” Podliska said in an interview with Jake Tapper that aired on “State of the Union” Sunday.

Podliska said he is planning to file a lawsuit against the committee over the firing next month.

In a statement, a spokesperson for the committee refuted Podliska’s claims.

“We are confident that the facts and evidence give no support to the wild imagination fueling these and any future allegations, and the committee will vigorously defend itself against such allegations,” the statement reads. “The committee will not be blackmailed into a monetary settlement for a false allegation made by a properly terminated former employee.”

Podliska’s comments come amid mounting calls from Clinton and other Democrats to shut down the committee.

“This committee was set up, as they have admitted, for the purpose of making a partisan political issue out of the deaths of four Americans,” an angry Clinton said on the “Today” show last week. “I would never have done that, and if I were president and there were Republicans or Democrats thinking about that, I would have done everything to shut it down.”

Clinton is scheduled to testify before the committee on Oct. 22.

Last month, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy suggested that the committee was summoned to derail the former secretary of state’s 2016 presidential bid.

“Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?” McCarthy said on Fox News. “But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers Friday? What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought.”

But Podliska insists his motivation to come forward has nothing to do with Clinton’s candidacy.

“I do not support Hillary Clinton for president,” Podliska, who describes himself as a libertarian-leaning Republican, said. “I am going to vote for the Republican nominee in 2016.”

He said he decided to speak out because the families of the Benghazi victims deserve it.

“I knew that we needed to get the truth to the victims’ families. And the victims’ families, they deserve the truth — whether or not Hillary Clinton was involved, whether or not other individuals were involved,” he said. “The victims’ families are not going to get the truth, and that’s the most unfortunate thing about this.”

Podliska added, “Hillary Clinton has a lot of explaining to do. We, however, did not need to shift resources to hyper-focus on Hillary Clinton. We didn’t need to de-emphasize and in some cases drop the investigation on different agencies, on different organizations and different individuals.”

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/ex-benghazi-investigator-this-has-become-a-160519004.html

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The American people deserve to know Hillary's complete role in the destruction of Libya carried on by the military without Congressional authorization. The American people deserve to know why the US Ambassador was not protected. The American people deserve to know why the US Military did not attempt to rescue the US Ambassador.

In a representative government, Congress is the proper venue for this inquiry. Obama and Clinton should cooperate with the investigation in order to establish an accurate chronology and an accurate report. It is assumed that the failure of Obama and Clinton to cooperate is part of a cover-up.

McCarthy lost the speakership in part for his siding with Obama and Clinton.

• Like Like x 1