1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Top Ten Reasons not to join a Reformed Baptist Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin Marprelate, Mar 29, 2012.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The list is filled with:

"There's no this, there's no that..."

"We don't do this, you won't find this here..."

etc.

Good list. I'll stay well far away.

2. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Well, that came out of left field...

Seriously, how are these comments in any way related to what Icon posted?

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh: if you just want activity...go to a circus, or theme park....the water rides are always fun:thumbs:

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    John,
    You have some strange ideas:laugh:

Learning about God and His church ..in a way God has ordained ....is a waste of time:confused::confused:

As a Baptist ...I always recommend this one for everyone;
    http://www.lulu.com/shop/w-r-downin...l;jsessionid=C2CD375F4B4AD6DDF4F9CD305848B0AF

#26 Iconoclast, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
  7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The writer of the article is using the fact that we don't do anything as being a selling point. It's a strange way of trying to attract people to your side.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ITL....

The article is an attempt at humor.....It was posted in the Reformed Baptist fellowship....which is usually very serious posting.....This was meant to be humor..sort of like .....you might be a redneck it...Jeff Foxworthy does

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Icon:
    If you really want the truth about Reformed doctrine you will enjoy this man as he expounds it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch6niCdIv_Q&feature=related

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Romans 10:17, "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ."

Acts 19:8, "And he entered the synagogue and continued speaking out boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God."

Acts 18:4, "And he was reasoning in the synagogue every Sabbath and trying to persuade Jews and Greeks."

Acts 26:28, "Agrippa replied to Paul, "In a short time you will persuade me to become a Christian."

Acts 28:23, "When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening."

2 Cor. 5:11, "Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men, but we are made manifest to God; and I hope that we are made manifest also in your consciences."

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Glad I could help. :wavey:

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You'll respond alright. :laugh: If you can get through the whole thing that is.

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He looks sincere AmyG.....I have listened to dozens of these type sermons....
    usually the same 6 verses....build the strawman....destroy the strawman....

Maybe i will be surprised this time:thumbsup:

If not.....that would mean.....he also has an adam who did not die in the fall, and he does not understand the covenant of grace...

I have learned to learn even from those who have a defective view....it is a challenge to identify the error. Once in awhile there is someone who actually does not abuse the scripture so badly......when they go to 2pet3:9...that is a giveaway.....1jn2:2.....etc....but I will listen and give it a chance!

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The doctrines of God's sovereignty and grace deserve a better name than the likes of Calvin. He had his hand in the Michael Servetus murder, and opposed it as a public relations ploy. His writings include infant baptism, and it is obvious he believed in theocracy. I cannot believe a Baptist would be proud of that name, reformed or not. One is not put to death for a difference of theological opinion. Since I was not there it is not fair to use words to characterize his life, but the words thug and theologically challanged come to mind.

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What was the law of the land? Were heretics to be executed by law?

I do not think that should be the law in our day, because we have no such commandment now.....if we were OT saints...we would be stoning most of the TBN guys daily....

Calvinism....is not about Calvin. It is about the teaching.
    Calvin stands or falls before the Lord for his life,actions , beliefs.

He was only one man....one teacher....all human teachers have missed parts of the truth......God has not given all truth to anyone.....since the Apostles.

While he had some errors...to see he was theologically challenged is mis-guided. Anabaptists....who believed in believers baptism to their credit...had some horrendous theology....yet, we do not grasp fully the situation they were in...How many had access to the scriptures, how many were illiterate,persecuted ,etc....

I am glad for all the reformers,puritans etc, who rescued the truth of the gospel from roman corruption.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My guess is that I am more Reformed than you, having been raised in a conservative Presbyterian Church. I have enough respect for the doctrines not to trash them with an unworthy name. Who cares what the law of the land was at the time? Was it right? Are our abortion laws right?

He had some errors? If someone was going to be executed, it should have been him. They had the same Scripture we do. His writings talk against church and state mixture, yet, he was in a position of church-state rule. Sounds kind of like Mitt Romney.