1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Top Ten Reasons Why Men Should Not Be Ordained

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by jaigner, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I believe it's wrong - but I do believe that her teaching is directed towards women and she is directly speaking to women. If I teach a group of women and it is recorded and put online, and men listen to it, am I sinning? I do not believe so. I am teaching women. I believe it is the same with Beth but I'm not positive since, as I said, I'm not watching her.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. mandym

mandym New Member

He seems to be in agreement that it is ok for her to teach men.

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Passion is not segregated. Louie Giglio and thousands of other men and women sat under Mrs. Moore's teaching there. And she was invited back this year.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And I disagree with them. :)

6. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

And I don't. :)

Peace. :)

7. lilyvalley

lilyvalley New Member

I like this thinking. One of the worst injustices in churches today is that half of those called aren;t allowed to do what God calls them to do.

8. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How so?....................

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No - Those who are called are allowed to do exactly what God calls them to do. He does not call anyone to disobedience. I'm still waiting for Biblical support for a woman pastor. I've not seen one yet.

10. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nor will you find one. Usually, those who allow for women pastors make it a cultural issue.

11. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Um, no they don't.

Usually they appeal to scriptures that tell a woman how to dress while preaching.

Now that may or may not translate to being a pastor.

But it sure isn't an appeal to culture.

12. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What I mean is that People who allow for woman preachers will state that certain bible passages that they deem are masonginistic are that way because of the culture of that time. Not that the apostles actually prohibit women from being leaders of the Church but were addressing the culture of that day. That culture is no longer relevant in todays church and therefore women have as much right to church leadership as the men. Thus when the scriptures say Older women should teach only the younger women they will cite how in that culture women couldn't teach men but the application is no longer relevant. Then they point to people like Dorcus etc....

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can you show me where the Bible tells a woman how to dress for preaching? Because, having read the Bible for 40 years, that's a TOTAL new one for me.

14. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    excerpt from Walter and Olive Liefeld, "A Difficult Journey," in How I Changed My Mind About Women in Leadership: Compelling Stories From Prominent Evangelicals (2010):

"Perhaps the first one that troubled Walt was that those (including himself in those early days) who insisted on women’s head covering also thought that women should not be speaking publicly in church. Yet 1 Corinthians 11:2–16 makes it clear that the head coverings were to be worn when women prayed or prophesied. If they were not speaking, why wear a head covering? The answer that people gave when we inquired about this was that women were indeed praying, even though silently, and therefore should wear the head covering. The next logical question was, “But how can they prophesy silently?”"

#55 Jerome, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
  15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So because women can pray and prophesy in church, they can now be pastors? Wow - THAT is a stretch!

16. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The scriptures are not a multiple choice i believe this but not that.You speak as if the teaching and commands are suggestions or accesories that we pick and choose.

17. lilyvalley

lilyvalley New Member

I think actually it's a matter of interpretation, not just choosing what to beleive and what to not believe.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There are many churches that do. The question is not: Does your church do it? But rather, Should your church be doing it? If this command is a Biblical command then the answer is yes. Do we follow American tradition or the Bible, which one?

19. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Having lived in Canada, and knowing its liberal culture, does one follow Canadian culture, or Scripture?

- Peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.