1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TR,NU, W&H

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Rippon, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A book I used to have in my possession by Philip W. Comfort is where I got the following information.

I took notes on 310 passages. W&H and NU agreed 92.26% of the time. Of course that means that 7.74% of the time they did not. My sample size may be a great deal smaller than that of Maurice Robinson who has maintained that W&H and the NU agree 95.5% of the time.

In my notes there are ten occasions in which the TR, WH and NU all agree.
    WH alone agrees with the TR eleven times.
    The NU alone agrees with the TR 13 times.
    The remaining 276 items have WH and NU in lockstep.

Just a tidbit of info for your consideration.

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm slightly confused in this post and need a tiny bit of clarity.

Are you posting that WH agrees with the TR only eleven times, and all the rest is in disagreement?

Or is the agreement limited to the areas of when the TR is in disagreement with the NU that the WH is in agreement with the TR?

For example: In the 310 passages, is there agreement on only 11 times and 299 are in disagreement (or not included)?

If so, the percentages given in the second paragraph don't seem consistent with presenting the third numbers.

Perhaps, I am not attending closely enough, but if the TR, WH, NU agree in only ten occasions, what is the reason there are not far more agreements.

The above is assuming that these are areas of rather major importance, and not a matter of lesser contentions.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AM:
    The WH agreed with the TR a total of 21 times --11 of those times alone, parting company with the NU.

The NU agreed with the TR a total of 23 times. Of that amount there are 13 times when it parted company with WH.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In your sampling, what is your definition of a passage (i.e., a verse, sentence, paragraph, etc.)? Also, what is your definition of agree?

Thanks.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would all of them be considered as an accurate representation of the actual originals than?