1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tracts for What to Do After Salvation?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Steven Yeadon, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recently saw something I thought would come in very handy. A tract for what to do after you accept Jesus the Christ as Lord and Savior. My google searches failed to bring up anything, so I came here to ask if anyone knows of a website that distributes such tracts?

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try doing Google searches for "tract for new Christians" and you should get a lot of hits.

I found these without any effort (please note that I am not endorsing any of these tracts):

A Guide for New Christians
    Bible Basics for New Believers
    Things Every New Christian Should Know

I have nothing against using tracts, but they do not take the place of personal discipleship. Moreover, many of the tracts say NOTHING about how to engage in effective discipleship, which can lead to years of unfruitful frustration.

3. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for getting me past my impasse. I also appreciate your warning, and I will definitely think about how to make my evangelism about a connection that lasts instead of just handing out some tracts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, sometimes it is hard to figure out the key words to do an effective search. You know what you mean, but have a hard time putting in into the common vernacular.

I want to affirm you for thinking past the point where a person responds to the gospel. You are headed in the right direction and I pray that you will be effective in your evangelistic work.

• Friendly Friendly x 1