1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Transcript of Warren's Prayer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mcdirector, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is that supposed to back up :confused:

2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tim, yes, and in my opinion, the poem was not good. I am not implying that poetry is not good, but this particular poem was bland and lifeless.

I went to a wedding a few years back, and about halfway through, I realized that it was wiccan. Same types of statements. Even talked about God! But the soft references to the earth and her creatures, that type of thing clued me in.

3. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

AMEN!!! And I know I will ruffle feathers here, but this is making one strong point about Warren and his drift to "one world" religion. Preachers must continue to point out sin and the reasons that repentance is needed, not cater to the masses and make them feel warm and fuzzy!

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I get it, muslims should be ignored, and the Gospel not shared with them...and if it is, we are just being "warm and fuzzy".

Preachers should point out what repentance truly means, not what it has been redefined by fundamentalists as.

5. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

The prayer should have been a call to repentance. When compared to the prayer of Rev Joe Wright that was prayed in the Kansas house of representatives in 1996 it looks pretty weak and compromising. Oh and we are not all Gods children. I was surprised he had the guts to use the name of Jesus.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why should it have been a call to repentance? Was he in a church service? The wording that we will all have to answer to God, and that Jesus changed his life is "weak and compromising".

When are christians ever going to "get it".? :BangHead:

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Always fun to see how some folks' brains work on matters that are pretty straightforward and simple.

Oh, well.

Past the 10 page limit. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.