1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Transgressing the Law

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

FTR, I disagree with much of the theology in what you previously posted. And I also completely disagree when anyone effectively 'mystically' claims to have superior insight.

I just try and disagree without being disagreeable.

Ed

#201 EdSutton, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
  2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I highlighted your favorite saying. "yet just the same". This is saying that having an evil spirit snatch away the word is the same as having an evil spirit draw you to Christ. There is no "just the same" here. I think you use that expression way to much even when there is nothing "just the same" going on in the subject at hand.

Yes the devil can snatch away the word, this was not the subject BBob and I were discussing.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Try being relative instead of deceptive.
    No one was speaking of good admonition for all of us at all times.
    We were speaking of Steaver's testimony. Your inference then, is that Steaver's testimony is not a clear testimony of salvation but simply a "good admonition." That is a real slap in the face--an insult!

The subject is Steaver's testimony, not many people.
    You have again suggested that Steaver was deceived into believing that he accepted Christ but in reality he did not. You disbelieve his testimony. You infer (along with Bob) that he is lying.
    Steaver has done that. He firmly states that he was saved at the age of ten. Why do you continue to question his testimony? This is very insulting.
    This betrays an unfounded and unscripturally held position of yours. Nevertheless it still points the finger at Steaver and accuses him of not being saved when he says he is. Questioning, or worse yet, denying the testimony of another's salvation is a serious offense on the BB.
    Another false accusation. Can you demonstrate that is true in Steaver's life. Remember the topic has been the statement's that Steaver has made regarding his own salvation. This post is what you answered in reference to those statements.
    This is a real class act. You are suggesting that Steaver is not saved; that his sins are not under the blood of Christ. This is one post that should be reported.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You need to quit turning others post into what you want them to say.

You are the one who questioned my salvation and called me a liar.
    BBob,

#204 Brother Bob, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
  5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Bob, this quote in itself shows its own deceptiveness. Let's take a look. You quoted me as saying:

And then you added these remarks of your own:
    Consider the deceptiveness of your own post.
    I quoted two verses out of 1John chapter one.
    The you accuse me of not quoting the rest which says if we are not born of God we cannot sin...

You failed even to give the reference. Where is that verse found, Bob?
    It is found in 1John 3:9!
    You accused me on not finishing the verse. I finished the verse. In fact I finished the chapter by quoting the last verse of chapter one. The verse you quoted is half way down chapter three, two chapters later. It is far out of context from the Scripture that I quoted. You are falsely accusing me when you tell me that I didn't finish the verse. In fact this is another lie that you have posted, isn't it? Please don't tell me that you don't lie.

6. Dan Edwin

Dan Edwin New Member

because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression (Romans 4:15).

For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor (Galatians 2:18).

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:2)

[This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts (Galatians 5:24).

If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him. (1 John 2:29)

In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. (1 John 3:10)

Then the King will say to those on His right hand (the righteous), 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: (Matthew 25:34)

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

God justifies us by His grace for our faith as we repent and confess our trespasses, but just because we have faith does not mean we have been justified (forgiven of all trespasses) to be born of the Spirit to become heirs of the Kingdom of God. We are not saved by any kind of works, but faith without repentance to live a righteous life will not get us into the Kinddom of God. Repentance may be work, but is not works.

And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure (1 John 3:3).

God bless

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

as WE repent and confess......

Dan, who is the "we"?
    What group do you belong to?

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Poor ole John, He was all over the place wasn't he. Good thing we have some DHK's in the world to fix them thar words.

A moderator who says the rules of the BB is not to call another member a liar, but yet this moderator continues to call members liars, at random. Pharasee religion in my opinion.

BBob,

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The problem is not with John is it?
    The problem is with Bob. Bob was deceptive in his post. Deceptiveness is the same as lying which Bob will not admit to.
    DHK finished his verse, but Bob said he didn't. What do you make of that Bob?
    Is that being truthful or not?

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

such childness!

Through this whole thread, you have called me a liar in almost every post where you answered me. That is not a Christian act, nor is it what a moderator should do.

BBob,

#210 Brother Bob, Sep 15, 2008
  11. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: DHK, you are beside yourself. I can only hope that the owners of this list see fit to give you a much needed sabbatical. I never made one reference to Steaver in the whole post. I simply stated that the verse was good admonition to all of us, and made no reference to the way anyone had used it in the past, including Brother Bob.

If there is even a shred of reason and fairness left in any of those you do your reporting to they will see clearly that I am not guilty in any way that you falsely acccuse me of. All they need for proof is to read my post for what it says and not what you falsely suggest is my motivation or hidden agenda. Report away.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I suggest you go back to pages 19 and 20 and re-read where one poster was questioning the salvation of another poster. Then near the top of page 20 you jumped in with your post, inferring the same thing--that the one poster was not saved. You sugar coated it in language that was a bit more vague, but the message was still clear enough. If you don't know what is being talked about then I suggest you refrain from posting. To claim innocence and naivete now is a bit absurd.

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I have not, nor would I ever, question a person’s relationship with God on a debate forum. For what purpose would it serve? It certainly would add nothing at all to the debate on the issue, now would it? I do not have to claim innocence, nor naivety, for my motives were nothing more or less than to look at a passage mentioned and to present it to the list for self introspection, letting the chips fall where they may. I in no way was button-holing Steaver or anyone else in particular. If Brother Bob was, let Brother Bob answer for himself. I never got that indication from what he said as I read him.

One thing is for certain, you had no cause to impinge my motives from what I wrote. Why not try and debate the issues that I presented to you instead of attacking personally, impinging motives you have not the slightest clue about.

I will tell you the facts, whether or not you accept it is your own decision. I did NOT have Steaver’s relationship with the Lord in mind in the least when I wrote that post, nor was I in any way trying to even draw a reflection or innuendo concerning his relationship with the Lord. I simply saw a verse that I believe we all can gain some good insight from if we will allow the Holy Spirit to use it to its best advantage.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I will accept what you say for now.
    But please read what has been written beforehand before you post.
    Your post sounded like it was an agreement with Bob, in an agreed attack upon Steaver. Bob said "Test every spirit." You agreed with him. But what did he say that in reference to; what was the context? If you don't know then don't post. Otherwise you are simply joining in with an attack. I hope you can see that.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You are so blinded by your own interpretations of all the posts, that no one can even reason with you. You have a one way thought process, and cannot be reached with any reason.

Now if you want to discuss, where you have questioned my salvation, I would be glad to oblige.

Scripture says to test every Spirit to see if it be of God, I would hope you do the same.

BBob,

#215 Brother Bob, Sep 15, 2008
  16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This statement, when it was directed at Steaver, was not only questioning his salvation, but as Steaver himself pointed out to you, you were attributing his salvation to an evil spirit which he equated to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

In light of that, how kind were you to Steaver, and how many rules of the BB did you break?
    I believe you owe someone an apology.

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If what I said, was as you say, I would apologize, but you twist things to say what you want, which is in wally world.

I plainly have stated several times, that I do not question Steaver's salvation, that it is between him and the Lord. Why don't you try the Spirit that is leading you to call me a liar and no liars are going to heaven according to scripture, and apologize to me for questioning my salvation? You have accused me of lying every time I come on this board, which is questioning MY salvation. You really go overboard.

I would hope that Steaver tried the Spirit, before making such a committment.

It is still between him and God, certainly not me or YOU!

You are insisting that I admit that I am a liar, of which I will NEVER do.

I think you owe someone an apology. If anyone "plays" God, and says they know when someone was saved, they shall be brought down.

BBob,

#217 Brother Bob, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
  18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have never "tested" or tried the spirits regarding my own salvation, and I doubt that many others have either. The passage is written in the context of

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

One assumes from your post, then, that instead of accepting Steaver's testimony of salvation you tell him in so many words that perhaps he is demon-possessed or has the spirit of antichrist. That is really a fine thing to say, isn't it? The context of testing the spirits is in the context of demon spirits or demon possession--that spirit which is a spirit of antichrist. It is that spirit which confesses (and is adamant "that Jesus Christ is not come in the flesh." (in other word denying the incarnation and deity of Christ.)
    This is what you are saying about Steaver, unwittingly.
    When you make such a bold statement like that it is between him and you, and you will be the one accountable to God, and now accountable to all who read it. A public apology would be in order.
    Your theology says: "I would neve lie." I caught you in a lie. I pointed it out to you. Your pride refuses to admit it. So you throw insults, and do whatever you can to deny that you never lied. Again you will give account for yourself before God. BTW, when that lie was explained in very simple terms to you so that you could understand your only answer was: "What childishness."
    It is not childishness to God when a person lies.
    Take heed to your own words.
    Steaver was saved at the age of ten according to his own testimony.
    I was saved at the age of twenty.
    Are you going to deny my testimony as well? Is it also a lie?

At what age were you saved?
    Or, do you have to test the spirits first to find out?

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You scare me, is anyone with you right now? You have never ever ever caught me in a lie. You really worry me DHK; I will pray for you.

BBob,

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When confronted with the truth, your answer was: "Such childishness!"
    Lying is not childishness.
    Go back to the original post. See where your mistakes are, and where you refuse to admit them. The one who refuses to admit that he never lies is the one who ought to be worried.
    Why are you reluctant to answer this part of the post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.