1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Transition to Secular realm

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by SaggyWoman, Feb 20, 2009.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

What if we treated topics that we become so hard nosed about on the Baptist Board and transported it to something in the secular realm. Would we be as hard nosed?

Name a topic that we would consider.

Let me be first.

Should we consider the rhythm of the theme song to "the Beverly Hillbillies" as a non biblical beat?

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. It never even crossed my mind. Thanks Saggy, now I'll be humming that song the rest of the day!:tongue3:

3. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forget the beat. Have you listened to the lyrics?

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed

It is obvious by this text that the story is about a man. We have his name - Jed. It could be short for Jedi which would endear him to Star Wars fans. It was pre-ordained. Startrek fans are specifically excluded.

A poor mountaineer,

Talk about stereotypes! We cannot assume poverty just because Jed is a mountaineer. A case could be made that Jed is poor because he paid tuition for Jethro and Ellie May to go to WVU.

barely kept his family fed,

He just needs his economy stimulated.

Then one day he was shootin at some food,

Animal rights, vegans and gun control. I ain't going there.

And up through the ground came a bubblin' crude.
    Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Don't those money grubbing Big Oil types just get your knickers in a twist.

Why that's just the start of it. That whole BH is fleshly. Makes you wonder what they kept in that SEE-ment pond?

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's wrong with WVU? Why, it's just a big family reunion there. All the cousins going to school together. . .

Granny has a moonshine still and sips from her "jug" every other episode. Hmm. If she were a Christian, she'd be sipping grape juice instead. I don't care if she does wear dresses, she's sure not very submissive to anybody.