1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Translation problem Gal. 2:21 (KJV)

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by StefanM, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I offered it, will you receive it?

2. GodsRealTruth

GodsRealTruth New Member

God's Word is Infallible

God's Word is error free. There are no translation errors in God's Word. :BangHead: I wish we would get that through our heads. :BangHead: People are the ones with errors not God's Word.

Have we become so prideful and arrogant that we thinkwe can correct the Word of God?

I pray we have not.

:praying: :jesus:

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is error free. There are no translation errors in God's word because God's word was inspired in Greek and Hebrew. Inspiration in translation derives from the originals, and if there is an error in translation, it does not follow that there is an error in God's word.

We cannot correct the Word of God, but we can correct a translation.

Besides, the KJV "corrected" earlier Bibles with this translation.

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

It seems that I've offered a rebuttal in post 66.

Are you willing to tackle that post within the framework of Galatians from a grammatical standpoint?

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I have to ask, since one MUST translate Hebrew and Greek into their receptor tongue, how is it even possible your statements above can be true?

This is an old axiom that is probably the most ludicrous arguements about translations ever spouted out.

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

You said "similar". I have shown the definition of each word used. One fits the doctrinalition while the other doesn't even make theological sense.

Can you abrogate the grace of God? I can frustrate it in my life which can also frustrate it in others' lives, but no one can abrogate the grace of God!:godisgood:

7. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only the Greek and Hebrew can be free from translation errors.

IMO, no translation is perfect, and, as such, no translation can be the "perfect" word of God in the same sense as the autographs.

Translations reflect derived inspiration insofar as they reflect the underlying texts.

When I say the Bible is the word of God, I primarily mean that the autographs are inspired and inerrant. In a secondary sense, I mean that the translations of the extant texts are inspired in a derivative sense.