1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tree of Life

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by gb93433, Jul 7, 2009.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What has been your approach to teaching the tree of life in Genesis and Revelation? How would you interpret that and apply it to today's life?

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I think that it is God's way of showing that man will always seek the answers for his questions about life by his own knowledge and experience. Instead of reaching for the Tree that has life.

Think on this, the Tree of knowledge of good and evil is the search for the right thing to do and to avoid the wrong by our own knowledge through our own works.

The Tree of Life, has Life to give simply for the reaching for it, is God's way and the only way to Him. Today that Tree is manifested at Calvary and it is true what Jesus said "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me". It is the Father's will and it is the only way to Him.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Jesus is not only the tree but also the way...

"...lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:"

What do you think of the teaching which ties the tree into the communion? I haven't heard it in a while but will look for a link.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm about a hairs breadth from being an Eden Only guy when it comes to the Creation epic. (That means the Creation passages refer primarily to the Garden of Eden.) So I believe God created a physical space for Adam, and then Eve, to enjoy the glory and provision of God. When they fell God transported the Tree of Life from Eden and into Heaven (or the New Jerusalem.)

Between the two trees lies the rest of God's story among His creation. Ironically (or not) situated in the middle is the Tree of Calvary. Notice how the trees mentioned provide life for those who partake of their gifts.

Maybe this doesn't help, I dunno...