1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trey Gowdy Endorses Trump

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Aaron, May 20, 2016.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trey-gowdy-endorsement-donald-trump-president/2016/05/20/id/729958/

Rep. Trey Gowdy, chairman of the special House committee investigating the Benghazi attacks, Friday endorsed presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Donald Trump.

"I endorse Donald Trump," the South Carolina congressman told "Meet the Press Daily" on MSNBC.

Gowdy's support was first reported by The Hill. The former federal prosecutor was named to head up the Benghazi panel in 2014.

"I was a [Marco] Rubio guy, and if Marco had won I would have expected the [Ted] Cruz supporters and the [John] Kasich supports and the Trump supporters to support my guy," Gowdy said.

"My guy lost. When the jury speaks, I’m going to support the jury."

Gowdy, 51, had said that he would support the eventual nominee. He was swept into office amid the tea party wave in 2010.