1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trinity College & Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Martin, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those of you who don't know Trinity College & Seminary resigned from their bid for real accreditation. See Here. Make sure to read the PDF file.

2. Broadus

Broadus Member

Was Trinity simply unable to meet the requirements and opted out instead of being denied accreditation?

Bill

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Certainly that is the impression one gets from the PDF statement. I can imagine that many of the accreditation requirements would have hurt Trinity's bottom line. Trinity seems more interested in making money than getting it right. Just look at their website. They now offer "British Model" degree programs (including a MBA and PhD). The accreditation agency would never go for that. What is even worse is that they promote their, so called, British accreditation (which is useless in the US) and don't tell people that they resigned from real accreditation.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Well, if 'British accreditation' is worthless in the USA . . . we got a bunch of professors across this country that need to be fired. That is according to your standard.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I am talking about the kind of "British accreditation" that Trinity claims to have (which is worthless in the US). I am, clearly, not refering to people who have earned degrees from schools in Europe. The type of "British accreditation" that Trinity claims to hold carries no weight in the United States.

6. nkypastor

nkypastor New Member

As a recently withdrawn student from Trinity,

I here that a main reason the NCA withdrew its bid for accredidation was because of the fact that their finances were not in the best of shape. This would explain the quick resumption of the Ph.D. programs and the conspicious withdraw of anything that has to do with the NCA on their website.

I have a VERY bitter taste in my mouth with this place. At least at Liberty Theological Seminary, what they say is what they mean!