1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

trinity school of apologetics & theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by GODzThunder, Jul 20, 2005.

1. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

has anyone heard of this school? They claim to offer "tuition free" degrees through a very intense level of study.

2. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I investigated them about 5 to 7 years ago (or so), although I never went beyond their website. I've just checked it out again. Their website is a bit more professional, but the academic approach seems to be about the same. So they've been around a while. They say they've been around since 1970.

If you look at the course list, they have a rather unique approach, in that they focus a lot on practical skills and techniques, such as debating, speaking apologetically, recognizing and interacting with propaganda, etc. They come across like they're discriminating in their enrollment process, and they used to say a lot of strong things about not applying if you don't plan on completing the program.

I've never met anyone who attended there. I remember them because they're based in India, which I thought was a little unusual. But there is a Christian community in India that claims to go all the way back to the first century, so it's plausable.

They claim to be free. If they're in india, then it's possible, since the cost of living is rather inexpensive there.

So, bottom line, I have no hard data, other than to affirm that they've had a similar website for the last several years, they have a class list and approach that interests me, and I have no reason to doubt what they say. If you persue it, I'd be interested in knowing what happens.

If you're still curious, look on the web for K. A. Paul from an organization called "Gospel to the Unreached Millions." Dr. Paul is a native of India, and a widely-travelled Christian. He may know more.

Let me know what you find out.

3. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I don't have any firsthand information on the school. From looking at their website it is clear that they really aren't free, despite making several statements on their website that they are. They charge fees apparently per degree program. The highest fees seem to be $2000 for the DSc degree. It isn't clear from their website if they have some sort of Indian accreditation or not. They teach about the KJV Bible which seems to suggest that they are KJVO. Their website has numerous grammatical errors which doesn't seem to me to be a good sign for an academic institution that teaches courses in English.

4. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, I don't know anything except what is on the website. The one Indian believer I've met was more focused on action and engagement than classroom learning. Their English appears to have been asapted from british influence. So it could be that they're in the mold of D. L. Moody, who was very active and accomplisehd much, but would often use slang and poor grammar, yet accomplished much.

5. LarryN

LarryN New Member

From their website:
    Who? This isn't any recognized accrediting body that I'm familiar with.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know. Just from looking at their website I would not spend any money or time studying with them. Even if you are just wanting courses for enrichment. If you are wanting an actual degree there are several fully accredited schools in the US that offer degrees online. As far as tuition? I believe the old saying is true: You get what you pay for. Education is hard work all the way around.

If you are just looking for personal enrichment courses let me suggest a few non-degree programs:

Liberty Home Bible Institute Dr Harold Willmington is the teacher.

Free Christian Courses Great program w/ online videos (etc). It is totally free. I have taken several courses through this program (non-credit of course).

Institute of Biblical Studies With Dr Ed Hindson. I have actually done both series (Old/New Testament intros and Prophecy). Very educational. When complete you get a nice certificate.