1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trinity Sem. Old Habits Die Hard!

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Siberian, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Siberian

Siberian New Member

Fresh from their final rejection from DETC, it looks like Trinity Theological Seminary has given up on the accreditation route altogether, and has re-introduced their varied doctoral programs. You might remember that they dropped all but their professional doctorates during their DETC bid. It is interesting to me how quickly they've reverted to their old ways:

http://www.trinitysem.edu/DegreePrograms/PhDPrograms.html

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Graduates of these kinds of places be warned...you're wasting your money and will get zero respect from the people from whom you so badly want it.

3. labaptist

labaptist Member
    Site Supporter

Trinity seems to have decent academics, but their tuition for a Masters is just under what it would cost for one from Luther Rice which is accredited and doesn't have the baggage Trinity has. If it was $100 a credit hour I could understand someone going there but it's almost as much as Luther Rice or TTU.

4. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

They even offer a 33 hour MBA program. Now, I am not all about people getting an MDiv from an accredited program if it is a respectful program. However, an MBA almost always needs to be from an accredited degree program. As well, 33 hours is really below a bare minimum. Their program does not have all the requirements needed for an MBA. They say it is an E-MBA, but even there it does not have the core curriculum needed for an E-MBA.

An MBA from that school would not prepare the students for what is expected for an MBA or an E-MBA.

#4 Ruiz, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011
  5. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quite sad... how does this school compare to the Newburgh Seminary?

6. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

When I evaluated Trinity, I did so based upon their MBA program and specifically that curriculum. I didn't see this program offered at Newburgh at all, so I did not do an entire curriculum evaluation.

I know both schools are located outside of Evansville IN, I am from Owensboro KY, not far from their location. In fact, I used to drive by their respective schools on a weekly basis. From what I have heard, I would not recommend either one of them. Yet, I have not done an in-depth evaluation of these schools and their offerings. As for the MBA program at Trinity, it would not prepare that student for all that is needed for MBA graduates.

7. labaptist

labaptist Member
    Site Supporter

I know that Liberty will accept bible credits for transfer from Trinity. I don't think they'd even accept a Newbourgh degree for entry into their seminary (And they will accept an Andersonville degree.)

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I noticed they (Trinity) were back with their PhDs. Wondered why. If they can't get DETC accreditation they are in really poor shape.

Martin.