1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trinity Troubles

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by ascund, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ascund

ascund New Member

Greetings

My committee chairperson was recently released from Trinity College and Seminary (Newburg, IND). He claimed that Trinity was going through a "shakeup" but didn't want to speak beyond that.

Another adjunct professor at Trinity told me that Trinity was in financial difficulties. Furthermore, he said that he was "paid" for a work load of 10 hours per week saying only that the salary was sub-standard.

What is going on at Trinity. These two reports hint of smoke. Where there is smoke, there is fire!

Lloyd
    Just passed my oral defense at Trinity Oct 10

2. Broadus

Broadus Member

This doesn't sound good, especially considering their RA candidacy. I wonder how that will be affected by these circumstances.

Congratulations, Lloyd, on passing oral defense. Are you now cleared for graduation?

Bill

3. ascund

ascund New Member

Hi Bill

I am a Free Grace Theologian. Zane Hodges, Bill Wilkin, Charlie Bing, etc hold this view. My committe is comprised of Calvinists who disagreed with my view but recognized that I had defended my view rather well.

So I had a sentence that read "The Reformed view has been modified in the following three ways." Each view had a footnote with many scholarly references.

However, since my committee views FREE GRACE as a modification, I had to change that sentence to the following:

"The following views are within the Reformed tradition." In this way I don't have to prove what Luther and Calvin believed and yet not offend Calvinists over my FG view.

I have but to make this change and a dozen other "compromises" to the Reformed view. I should have that done by end of next week (vacation starts Thursday).

Lloyd

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I hate to say it, but it sounds to me like nothing more than disgruntling rumor and gossip.

I'd dismiss it. If suspicions out to be true, then concrete evidence will present itself. But grumbling staff are alive and well on any campus, at any job, in any workplace.

5. UZThD

UZThD New Member

Congrats Lloyd for passing the oral defence. I seem to remember discussing things with you on TDelta Forum (before I was banned) probably around 2000 or 2001. I hope TTS is OK and that your PhD comes to a successful climax.

Biii

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Bill, you were banned from a forum???? my goodness :D

7. UZThD

UZThD New Member

===

Yes. I was very naughty and said that the $225 sticker from Liverpool put on a diploma would not make TRinity accredited in the normal sense the word is used in higher ed. So, I was banned because I might be bad for business.

8. ascund

ascund New Member

Hey Bill

And they allowed heretics who denied Jesus' deity post for a long long time. What was that guy's ID? Messianic something or other?

Then there was OZ Spence, a Reformed Arminian! In reality, this is yet another Catholic cousin similar to the CoC heresy here in the USA which only differs from Catholics in church polity and ecclesiology. Same denial of Christ in a different wrapping.

I went by ascund there as well.
    Lloyd

9. UZThD

UZThD New Member

===

Now, now Spencer and I are mates and I do not think that he denies the deity of Christ!

IMO since TDelta Forum belonged to TTS they had good reason to handle my mouthings about accreditation in the way they did.

Especially so since the VP Frey, who now runs Masters Divinity School , I think, which gives docs for 8 classes (see, you should have gone there) got on T Delta warning me and saying that he knew more about accreditation than Baker, Walston, and Bear all put together!

What hurt my feelings more was when Ed Martin, then Dean, had invited me to speak to the faculty about how to probe student responses. I had had written him a 12 page letter evidencing that there wes far too little teacher-prof interaction. But when he learned that I was questioning the efficacy of the Liverpool sticker, then, he wrote and cancelled that invite.

Oh well, my big mouth gets me always into trouble.

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Ah -- a trait we share.

I will confess, however, that while my mouth gets me in trouble here and there, I find it much easier to live with myself when standing up for what's right. I don't like myself so much when I let things slide.

-----------------------------

I contacted Trinity when I found out they were in candidate status for RA. Man! Are they a hard sell or what? They weren't quite as bad as Keller or Colorado Tech, but almost.

11. Brice

Brice New Member

Uz,

Don't worry we enjoy your big mouth around here. [​IMG] How else would people know where to go to seminary without you guys. On a serious note, I really do gain a great deal of info from you. I am applying to seminary in the next 6 months (undergrad from LU is done soon) and take all the info I get here and apply it, so you are doing a great service. You're like a seminary grandfather to us less educated folks. [​IMG]

12. UZThD

UZThD New Member

13. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Way to go Lloyd. Congratulations. Enjoy your vacation.