1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trinity United Church of Christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rufus_1611, Jan 25, 2007.

1. bound

bound New Member

Salve!

I believe you or GWB or both are misusing the term 'Universalist' in it's original Christian sense and substituting said meaning with some kind of modernist Syncretism at best or Pluralism at worst. Historically, Universalists merely conflate the 'means of Salvation' (i.e. Christ's redemptive work on the Cross) with the 'act of Salvation' (i.e. belief and trust in Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Saviour).

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Whatever it's called, the gentleman believes there are paths to Heaven outside of the saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ. If he believes this, I'm perplexed at how people can consider him to be a Christian.

About Osama and Zarqawi, Bush says he thinks they pray to a false God. By extension does this mean that non-terrorist Muslims pray to a true God and terrorist Muslims pray to a false God?

Anyway, the Christian Bible says there is one way "to the almighty" and W has a position inconsistent with the beliefs of the People of the Book.

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ (and and don't believe there are any other ways to heaven) and you shall be saved?? Wow --- where is this one in the Scriptures???

Other than being saved by God's grace thru faith, what else do you need to do?

4. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Believe on Mohammed and you shall be saved? Where is that one in the scriptures?

Do you believe that someone who believes there are many paths to heaven actually knows the God of the Bible? This is Oprah Winfrey New Age "Christianity". Why did W pick Jesus when he could've picked Mohammed, Buddha, Krishna, Jupiter, the Michellin Man, the Pilsbury doughboy or Lucifer himself? I follow Jesus Christ and am washed in His blood because He is the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the father but by Him. If one said that all men can go to Heaven, just pick any path you want, that would not be a pro-Christ doctrine and that would not be the Jesus of the Holy Bible.

5. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Basically, yes. He's not looking at God theologically, but morally (in terms of "good vs bad" works), as most in the world do. So the world tends to think killing is bad, but ignore the other commandments. So people who kill in the name of God (without "justification" according to our standards) they will acknowledge are "worshipping a false god", but anyone else, who minds their own business, and lives peacefully and "sincerely", they will accept as "worshipping the true God".